Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > YA/NA Modern Fantasy 80k Words

Comments (showing 1-2 of 2) (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cole (last edited Jul 05, 2017 02:13PM) (new)

Cole Cronin | 2 comments This is my first time posting here, but I figured it best to ask to trade with somebody over doing something selfish and asking people to review my work for free. This is a novel I've been working on for two years now, and this is currently the re-written second draft where I feel as though I just need a few opinions before properly progressing.

Below is a short description I've come up with on the spot, but I'm a little spotty about it. It's always been hard to describe this book when others ask what it's about, but I've done my best to make it sound interesting:

In this world there are people who are special. Call it magic, abilities, or superpowers, it doesn't matter because they all mean the same thing. Casters are among us. Casters Corporation was an organization meant for the sake of not only reaching out and discovering the Casters of the world, but to help them. That was, until two years ago when the company was attacked, and over thirty wound up dead, gunned down by those nicknamed Mutts. Of thirty lives lost, five remain in hiding.

Oliver Hackard, who can gaze into the future despite his lack of vision. Amy Weiss, who can control electrical frequencies and possess mechanical and electrical objects. Victoria Weiss, who can heal any wound and create walls impenetrable by any force. Lemmy Smith, who struggles to control his own powers of fire, and threatens harm to all those around him against his will. Any finally, Bec Jung, who is the only reason the Casters continue to breathe, as he can teleport at will.

Five people, all with powers beyond their imagination. Five people, who are bestowed a curse instead of a gift. Five people, who must ask themselves at what point does surviving no longer count as living. For when does one decide to seek for answers despite the risk?

Preferably I'd like somebody with around the same word length as mine, so we're able to swap back notes up to a certain point a bit more easily. (No more than 100k or something pref) But if something interests me I am willing to branch out a bit.

If you're interested, let me know!

message 2: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 98 comments Hello Cole,

I'd be interested, if my manuscript is something you might like. It's a dystopian sci-fi novel currently sitting at around 90k words.

If you still have space in your schedule for another Beta reading partner then get in touch and I can tell you more about my story.

If not, then all the best.

Thank you.