Vegan Cooking & Cookbooks discussion

The Joy of Cooking
This topic is about The Joy of Cooking

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shiloh (new)

Shiloh (Shiloh123) | 2 comments Do any of you use Joy of Cooking?

message 2: by Tatjana (last edited Jul 08, 2017 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tatjana (AntoniaBird) | 43 comments Yes. It has a whole vegan and vegetarian section. I love the book for dealing with vegetables.
It's a great cooking basics book and with a few substitutions, a lof recipes can be augmented, but once you learn the basics, it's a mediocre cookbook for even vegetable-primary people. When ever I look at it, though, I become really clear about how vegetables got sidelined in the American diet and protein became the all-important nutrient to have.
A word of warning, however: some of the older recipes weren't re-tested in and on modern appliances. I've never had an epic fail, though.

message 3: by Shiloh (new)

Shiloh (Shiloh123) | 2 comments Tatjana wrote: "Yes. It has a whole vegan and vegetarian section. I love the book for dealing with vegetables.
It's a great cooking basics book and with a few substitutions, a lof recipes can be augmented, but onc..."

It is really great. And all the recipes work.

message 4: by Ớt (new)

Ớt Cay | 1 comments This black bean burger is sure to be a staple in your weekly meals. It’s quick, tasty and only 11 ingredients. https://meal5.com/simple-healthy-reci...

message 5: by Renee (new)

Renee Thompson (ReneeThompson) | 65 comments What a great question and answer! I had no idea Joy of Cooking had anything vegan in it!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Eisenmeier (carpelibrumbooks) | 5 comments Not really. We have a copy in our house, but I haven't used it in ages.

message 7: by Eran (new)

Eran Barash | 8 comments Shiloh wrote: "Why only Vegan?"
Because it's a vegan group :)

message 8: by Eran (new)

Eran Barash | 8 comments Shiloh wrote: "Yeah I know that but that's all everyone eats or what? 😀"
Can't write for everyone, but that's all I eat ;)