Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > Goodreads quizzes

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blaque (new)

Blaque Diamond (blaquediamondbooks) | 76 comments I just created a goodreads quiz for one of my books. It is available for goodreads members to answer, but I was wondering if people who are not goodreads members can answer it too. I created the quiz in the hopes that I could reward my readers with a prize for being loyal readers. If they answered the multiple choice questions correctly they would be entered in to win a prize of my choosing. Some of my readers are not on goodreads, so I was wondering if they could participate in the quiz. If not, is there another site where I can create a quiz for them to answer, so that they could have a fair chance to win the prize? I want to be able to track exactly who entered the quiz and see who got all of the questions correct. If there is multiple winners, then I plan to draw a winner from all of the winners names and announce it live on Facebook. Does anyone know anything about this?

message 2: by Noor (new)

Noor Al-Shanti | 104 comments Great idea! I think google forms can do this pretty well. You can make it so that the answers get entered into a spreadsheet... I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think they also recently added the functionality to have the quiz self-correct so you don't actually have to do that manually...

message 3: by Blaque (new)

Blaque Diamond (blaquediamondbooks) | 76 comments Thanks. I will definitely look into google forms.

message 4: by Lila (new)

Lila Diller | 58 comments I didn't know about Goodreads quizzes. How do you start? Can you add the link to yours, Blaque, so I can see one? Thanks.

message 5: by Dwayne, Captain Whatever (last edited Jul 06, 2017 07:49AM) (new)

Dwayne Fry | 3266 comments Mod
No linking, please, as per the group rules. Thanks.

Lila, at the top of the page there is a gray bar. On that bar you'll see the word "Community" and an arrow pointing down. Hover your pointer over it and it will bring up a number of options of things you can do on Goodreads. Quizzes is about fourth from the bottom, as I recall.

message 6: by Lila (new)

Lila Diller | 58 comments Thanks, Dwayne. I appreciate it. Quizzes are 6th down. :)

message 7: by Blaque (new)

Blaque Diamond (blaquediamondbooks) | 76 comments Dwayne wrote: "No linking, please, as per the group rules. Thanks.

Lila, at the top of the page there is a gray bar. On that bar you'll see the word "Community" and an arrow pointing down. Hover your pointer ove..."

Thanks Dwayne. I was just about to post the link. I don't want to get into any trouble just for helping. Lol.