CPL's 52 Book Pick Up discussion

2017 Weekly Threads > Week 27- What Are You Reading?

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 415 comments Mod
Congratulations, Jasmine! You are the winner of our Halfway Celebration bag of books! You should be seeing an email from me (jherlan@infopeake.org) shortly.

Weekly book trivia is going on hiatus for this week due to the holiday. Thank you to everyone who posted their favorite book they've read so far this year! There were some great entries.

Did everyone have a nice 4th of July? I was a terrible reader but I managed to watch all 8 Star Wars films. Now I'm getting back on track with the reading. Currently have The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O, Lois Lane: Double Down, and The Hobbit.

What are you reading this week?

The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. by Neal Stephenson Double Down (Lois Lane, #2) by Gwenda Bond The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

message 2: by Ingrid (new)

Ingrid Hurst (bookrdr) | 220 comments I was sick w/ a fever, but I enjoyed a plate of leftovers from my parent's cookout.
Since I was sick, I had plenty of time to read so I read Into the Water in 24 hours!
Then in the next 24 hours I read 2 Debbie Macomber books. I like the Alaska ones, but she spends all this time w/ them trying to stay a part & I swear just 3 pages when they reunite. Ha ha.

message 3: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Holloman | 11 comments Thank you again :)

I had a great holiday with my family. The rain couldn't stop us from cooking out ;) I am currently reading Binary Star, which is about a girl suffering from eating disorders.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 293 comments I'm still on my nonfiction kick, for the most part. I've finished Churchill & Orwell, I've also read Option B by Sheryl Sandberg, Speak Now: Marriage Equality on Trial by Kenji Yoshini, Find Me Unafraid: Love, Loss, and Hope in an African Slum by Kennedy Odede and Jessica Posner, and Wired to Create by Scott Barry Kaufman (which I have started, but not finished yet).
Churchill and Orwell The Fight for Freedom by Thomas E. Ricks Option B Facing Adversity, Building Resilience and Finding Joy by Sheryl Sandberg Speak Now Marriage Equality on Trial by Kenji Yoshino Find Me Unafraid Love, Loss, and Hope in an African Slum by Kennedy Odede Wired to Create Unraveling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind by Scott Barry Kaufman