New Authors Talk Shoppe discussion

Promotional Tools > Discover Independent Book - Free listing for authors

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Ellefson (ellefsonbooks) | 4 comments As an independent author, I am always looking for a way to promote my books, connect with readers, and increase my social media presence. After long thought, I created Discover Independent Books to help achieve that for me an other independent authors.

It is 100% Free and can be found here: http://www.discoverindependentbooks.com

It allows independent authors to create an author profile and listing for each of their books. This will increase your web presence, introduce you to new readers, and give your website and social media increased SEO.

I am very excited about it and think it will help connect independent authors, YouTube book reviewers, and readers. There is so much more than can be described in a single post.

Best yet, from now until August 1st, any author who creates a profile will get 3 free months of Premium level. This means more visibility and the ability to create giveaways and calendar events.

I hope to see you all there soon!

Benjamin Ellefson

message 2: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Ainsworthe (CynthiaBAinsworthe) | 93 comments Hi Benjamin,
I tried to subscribe. There is an error message.

I don't see a tab for adding my book or to create an author profile. Where should I look on the home page?

Thanks for this generous opportunity.

Warmly,
Cynthia

message 3: by Paul (last edited Jul 05, 2017 09:35AM) (new)

Paul West (paulwwest) | 2 comments I would like to join but I'm getting an error message too:

"Please correct the following errors:

There was a temporary error. Please try again later."

message 4: by Prakash (new)

Prakash Sharma (pvsharma) | 2 comments Hi Benjamin
I joined.

message 5: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Ellefson (ellefsonbooks) | 4 comments To sign up as an author, go here:
http://www.discoverindependentbooks.c...

I'm looking at the error for subscribing to the mailing list. Thanks for letting me know!

message 6: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Ainsworthe (CynthiaBAinsworthe) | 93 comments Hi Benjamin,

You're welcome about the error message. I continue to receive that message when I just tried to subscribe.

Thanks for the link. I added one of my three books in the series. Can I add the other two? I also have a romance cookbook series. May I add those two non-fiction books?

message 7: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Ellefson (ellefsonbooks) | 4 comments All,

Just letting you know that the subscribe form is fixed on Discover Independent Books. It had an error connecting with MailChimp. All better now.

:D

message 8: by Benjamin (last edited Jul 05, 2017 11:29AM) (new)

Benjamin Ellefson (ellefsonbooks) | 4 comments Cynthia wrote: "I added one of my three books in the series. Can I add the other two? I also have a romance cookbook series. May I add those two non-fiction books? "

The initial account request just has the one spot to add a book, just so that I know that you a published author on Amazon.

Once this is verified and your account approved, you will be able to add each of your books with their own listing. Each book must be published and available on Amazon to be eligible.

Non-fiction books are OK.

message 9: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Ainsworthe (CynthiaBAinsworthe) | 93 comments Thanks, Benjamin. I'll wait for the approval. You are so kind to be doing this for us. :)

message 10: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia Ainsworthe (CynthiaBAinsworthe) | 93 comments Benjamin wrote: "Cynthia wrote: "I added one of my three books in the series. Can I add the other two? I also have a romance cookbook series. May I add those two non-fiction books? "

The initial account request ju..."

Hi Benjamin,
Who is "Illustrator" in the form when adding a book? Is that the author?