Urban Fantasy discussion

BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS > werewolf books

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Todd (new)

Todd Thomas | 11 comments Anyone read any good books about the main character becoming a werewolf?

I have read matefinder amoung others....its getting hard to find more books as it seem i have read them all....

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 202 comments PNR or UF?

message 3: by Todd (new)

Todd Thomas | 11 comments Shera (Book Whispers) wrote: "PNR or UF?" Either.

message 4: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Wilson | 9 comments Laurel K Hamilton....if you haven't already discovered the series. The Anita Blake series has the entire paranormal topic covered. Anne Rice also did several, but the titles are escaping me.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 202 comments Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville #1) by Carrie Vaughn Night Life (Nocturne City, #1) by Caitlin Kittredge Full Blooded (Jessica McClain, #1) by Amanda Carlson These are all more UF, there's actually a good amount of PNR ones floating around out there.

message 6: by Lexxi Kitty (new)

Lexxi Kitty (LexxiKitty) | 19 comments Todd wrote: "Anyone read any good books about the main character becoming a werewolf?

I have read matefinder amoung others....its getting hard to find more books as it seem i have read them all...."

Once Bitten by Kate Owen - girlfriend accidentally bites the main character, turning her into a werewolf before the beginning of the book. Book starts next morning when the woman tells the other what happened in the fit of passion. And what it means. And yes, lesbian fiction.

Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder* (ErinPaperbackstash) Well there is the Kelley Armstrong series, Bitten starting it all. Loved that series, read it last year

message 8: by Terri (new)

message 9: by cola_bear (new)

cola_bear | 1 comments The Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn is my favorite werewolf series.

message 10: by Moonlight (new)

Moonlight | 13 comments You might try browsing the lists (Browse> List) and then search for key word werewolf, werewolves or shapeshifter.

There are a few lists for those key words. You might find a few you haven't read yet.

message 11: by Troy (new)

Troy Cornford | 8 comments Blood Blade (Skinners #1)
by Marcus Pelegrimas
Welcome to the nightmare . . .
There is a world you don't know about, inhabited by supernatural creatures of darkness— werewolves, and all manner of savage, impossible beasts that live for terror and slaughter and blood. They are all around us but you cannot see them, for knowledge of their presence—so close and so hungry—would surely drive any ordinary human insane.

But for centuries a special breed of hunter has kept the monsters at bay, preventing them from breaking through the increasingly fragile barriers protecting our mortal realm.
These guardians are called skinners.
But beware . . . for there are very few of them left

message 12: by Holly (new)

Holly Hand Grenade (Halogen) | 27 comments That's so specific...here are the ones I can come up with (that haven't been mentioned...) that involve the main character being or becoming a werewolf:

Bad Blood (Crimson Moon, #1) by L.A. Banks Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Frostbite (Cheyenne Clark, #1) by David Wellington Who's Afraid? (Tommi Grayson #1) by Maria Lewis

I'm a little disappointed there are no male MCs in my list...can anyone recommend one of those?

message 13: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 18 comments Male werewolves:

Very good historical romance trilogy. Beginning with
The Dark One (Wild Wulfs of London, #1) by Ronda Thompson

so so historical romance trilogy beginning with
Guardian of Werewolf Keep by Nhys Glover

Pnr series beginning with
Touch A Dark Wolf (Shadowmen #1) by Jennifer St. Giles

message 14: by Holly (new)

Holly Hand Grenade (Halogen) | 27 comments Thanks, Oleander!

message 15: by Julia (new)

Julia | 615 comments Male (and female} and some of the most unusual werewolves you will read Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow.

message 16: by Barbm1020 (new)

Barbm1020 | 2 comments I don't have anything on my shelf about a main character turning into a wolf. But I just finished "Garou" which is Léonie Swann's marvelous tale of the curious herd of Irish sheep which first appear in "Glennkill." In this book they spend a winter in France, where tales of a Loup Garou are widely told among the people at The Castle (once a ghastly mental hospital, now an hotel) and among the goat herd in the next pasture. Mystery, intrigue, some laughs and a lot of suspense. It's not available in English, so I had to shore up my very weak German vocabulary with a dictionary. But it's a very good book.

message 17: by Holly (new)

Holly Hand Grenade (Halogen) | 27 comments @Julia & Barbm...I just added both those books to my TBR...holy wow, they both sound very unique and fun!