Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

July 2017: At Any Price > Discussion Questions for 8/1 8pm PST Hangout: At Any Price

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
Hey guys!

This book is a FREE KINDLE DOWNLOAD! Get it while it's free!
We are discussing this book 8/1 at 8pm PST. Post your questions/comments here, and tune in here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Hcv...

message 2: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Bailey | 4 comments If you had made your fortune at 17, what would you have done with it and do you think you'd have any of it left now?

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria (missmia277) | 44 comments What would be on your list of things that are a no go if you had a contract to sell your virginity? Or things that are a must?

message 4: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacyrasberry) | 12 comments What amount would you start the bidding at if you auctioned your virginity? As in, what would be the minimum you would accept?

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (diamond_rebel) | 106 comments The book has a lot of similarities to other novels (50 shades of grey, etc). However it uses "geek culture" as its primary distinguishing trait. Did you think that worked or did it feel like a way of cashing in on the popularity of "geek culture" today?

message 6: by Frakki (new)

Frakki Karu | 509 comments Great concept for a "meet cute." What would you change to make the book work better? Cuz, it kind of didn't.

message 7: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 43 comments OK, I think most of us agree that there were lots of problems with this book. But, I thought the sexytimes were actually well written, and I enjoyed them until Adam got on my last nerve with his controlling, stalkerish ways. Did you guys enjoy the sex scenes at all? If not, what would have made them better for you?

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Benoit (theliteraryluminary) | 23 comments Playing off of Adrienne's last comment--

Honestly, I didn't get that into the smut for this one. I don't really expect romance novels to necessarily have realistic sex, but I thought it was a little ridiculous that she's a virgin who immediately started having multiple orgasms in every position that he put her in. There have been other books we've read where the main character was a virgin (Romancing the Duke is the one that comes to mind) and I didn't get as annoyed by this, so I don't know. How much suspension of disbelief do you think is reasonable?

message 9: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Kitson | 68 comments Given Mia's initial list of countries for the encounter, which destination would you choose?

message 10: by KaLee (new)

KaLee Douglas | 50 comments How many asshole moments do you allow in the first few months of getting to know each other before you block someone?

If someone took your virginity and then acted the way he did immediately after could you forgive them?

If someone you knew online did this level of catfishing to get with you could you manage to get past the betrayl? If they managed to sleep with you what would be the punishment?

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura (TheLoudLady) | 178 comments If the genders were reversed would this book have been better?

message 12: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Kitson | 68 comments Have you ever found yourself addicted to work?

message 13: by Meagan (new)

Meagan Pittman (MeaganBrieann) | 1 comments Was Mia justified in viewing Adam as a knight in shinning armor?

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 62 comments How do you feel about the books views on and handling of sex work? What does the main character Mia mean by, "I'm not a prostitute, don't treat me as one"