Play Book Tag discussion

A Thread of Grace
This topic is about A Thread of Grace
July 2017: Other Books > A Thread of Grace - Mary Doria Russell - 4 stars

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kelly | 408 comments The author of this World War II places the story in Italy. The nation has just fallen to the Germans and Jewish Italians along with those from other counties are taken in and protected by Catholic families. Many characters come into play that include priests, nuns, Jewish Italians, and a German deserter. There is a also growing group of partisans who form and fight under the skilled leadership of Renzo Leoni.

It is a well written book and all the characters' roles do make sense in this war story. The author tells the difficulties faced by people in the mountains of Italy and their kindness to help others. When the war finally ends the books shows a glimpse of the devastation and how some of the survivors are affected.

Denizen (Den13) | 1168 comments I loved this book! I thought the characters were exceptionally well developed.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy | 3177 comments I thought it was great too. And if not for PBT and the challenges and monthly tags, I never would have picked it up so quickly.