Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > Missing Updates

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caterina (last edited Jul 04, 2017 01:47PM) (new)

Caterina (BlueLadyCaterina) | 8 comments There appears to be a serious bug on the Home page in the Updates scrolling feed. Most of the updates for the past three weeks are missing. As of now I can see updates for the past two hours, and then it jumps back to updates three weeks ago, with nothing in between. The bug just happened today for the first time. I’m using Safari on a Mac computer. Please help!

A similar bug happened on my iPhone app for months, because of that I pretty much gave up on using that app for looking at updates. As of right now this bug is not happening on the iPhone app however.

Many thanks,
Caterina

message 2: by Shaun, Goodreads Expert (last edited Jul 05, 2017 02:30AM) (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 4152 comments Mod
Hi Caterina, we've been investigating this from the backend and can see updates logged without gaps. They date from minutes (m) to hours (h) to over 24 hours (1d) to over 48 hours (2d) to over 72 hours (3d) and so on. To troubleshoot further, would you mind trying the following please?

1. Navigate to your Home page, click the "Customize" gear icon, select settings other than what is currently selected and then move them back to the initial settings. It could be that the feed settings just need a "kickstart" — i.e a refresh, and this could do the trick.

2. You mentioned you're seeing this in Safari. Could you try another machine preferably with a different browser (like Chrome or Firefox etc) to see if your feed appears differently.

Looking forward to your response!

message 3: by Caterina (new)

Caterina (BlueLadyCaterina) | 8 comments Shaun wrote: "Hi Caterina, we've been investigating this from the backend and can see updates logged without gaps. They date from minutes (m) to hours (h) to over 24 hours (1d) to over 48 hours (2d) to over 72 h..."

Hi Shaun -- Thank you so much for your detailed response. As of now the problem appears to have resolved itself. The updates appear to be fully restored without any action on my part. I checked several times yesterday and the progression you described skipped first from 2h to 3w with nothing in between and later from several hours to 3w -- the same set of updates was consistently missing. If this happens again I’ll try the steps you suggested!

message 4: by Shaun, Goodreads Expert (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 4152 comments Mod
Okay — glad to hear it's all fixed up! 😊