Wicked the Musical Lovers!! discussion

Phantom of the Opera

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have never seen it performed live or anything, but I've listened to the music and I loved it! I still haven't watched the movie either...bummer!

message 2: by Zunpip (new)

Zunpip My friends all love the movie but I can't see why, it's all about a stalker with a half burned face watching the girl in her bedroom, or dressing room or what ever. But a do love the book that terry Pratchet wrote a spoof my favorite lines where:
" I'm going to check the basement I'll need a boat!"
"What?! Why?!"
"The basement is flooded."

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL. I still want to see the movie just so I know what it's really about. The only song I know from it it, "Think of Me" and it was because my voice coach had me learn it...

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Megan, you can come over sometime. I've got it. Oh, Erin's getting her liscence on Friday and she agreed to drive me down to your house sometime

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments oh, i have that movie; it's my favorite (well, one of them anyways). you can borrow it megan, if you want.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

YAY!!! You need to come visit! Maybe one weekend we can do a movie thing at the hall. We've done it before where we set up a big projection screen and get junk food and stuff!

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Erin's being a creeper right now...

Yeah, that sounds great!!!!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

How is she being a creeper?

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Long story short, she was being her self. LOL.

Well, she was hovering over my shoulder reading every word. And singing... You do NOT wanna hear THAT! lol. notice I did not put jk...

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

lol...I am singing at the hall right now because mom has to work and some of her emplyees just walked in...I am so embarrassed!!!

message 11: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Why? Your voice is phenomenal!

Okay, I am feeling a sense of loss. I am the reason the orange team started, and now i go against them sat.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

that's how I felt. I didn't like going against you guys. I wish I could play, but my fam doesn't need anything else to go on right now....we are busy as it is...

message 13: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments I know, right? It's so sad. But the team I'm on is great... and a bunch of 6th graders that go to my school... but whatev. Sigh. You have to come over sometime Megan. I miss y'all!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I know. Homecoming is in two weeks...i think. It could be sooner, but anyway, Angela is going to attack me with beauty supplies!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw Erin today! I am working at the hall now. I may not work next week though...

message 16: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Megan wrote: "I know. Homecoming is in two weeks...i think. It could be sooner, but anyway, Angela is going to attack me with beauty supplies!"

wow. ur old. I forgot that you went to homecoming this year. OLDY! jk.

message 17: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Megan wrote: "I saw Erin today! I am working at the hall now. I may not work next week though..."

haha! That's so cool. Erin worked all weekend. She was exhausted yesterday.

message 18: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments I think I have a good memory... that seems really random... Why is no one writing on the P.T.O??

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I still need to see the movie. I don't know what to post about it...Is the movie good?

message 20: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Yeah. It's good. Are you gonna be at the Hall tomorrow? I could give it to Erin to bring so you can see it.......

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't know if I will be there. I am probably going to work if mom needs me but I may stay home. It all depends.

message 22: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments yeah, your fam wasn't there, so Erin brought it home. She'll bring it next time she goes to work though...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I was just in choir last hour and I brought up the subject that we should watch the Phantom of the Opera tomorrow. We went on youtube and listened to the songs! I love All I Ask Of You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

That's so cool! I wish that we did fun stuff like that in my chorus class...we used to watch movies all the time last year and now we don't. I guess that's high school for ya!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I was wondering, I want to get Phantom of the Opera the book for Christmas or my Birthday, but I want one that is closet to the 2004 movie with Emmy Rossum, Gerard Butler and Patrick Wilson. When I serached here on goodreads there are so many different Phantom of the Operas and all by different authors. If you could please let me know that would be great!

message 26: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments I have no idea. Those are probably all abridged versions of the original book. but none of them are like the movie as far as I know. I read the original unabridged version a few years ago for a book report. NOTHING like the movie. Except for Christine and Raoul.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

WAIT!!! Gerard Butler is in the movie? I love him!

message 28: by Rory (new)

Rory (rorylynne) | 5 comments I personally love the original book of Phantom of the Opera. It's very different from the movie. It was very different and interesting to compare to the movie. :)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I'll see if I can find that. I just hope it's better than the Wicked book. That was really hard to get into. I don't think I ever finished it.

message 30: by Rory (new)

Rory (rorylynne) | 5 comments Lol. I read the Wicked book too. I didn't like the first one very much. But I loved the sequel Son of a Witch, Especially the ending. Oh and btw the original author of PotO is Gaston Leroux.

message 31: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments It is. I loved the PotO book!

That's the one! Thanks Lynne! lol, even though i have the book.

message 32: by Rory (new)

Rory (rorylynne) | 5 comments Lol. No prob.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

What are some of your favorite Phantom of the Opera quotes whether its from the book(s),musical,or movie.
I wanted to get peoples opions because I"m writing a quotes journal. Thanks!

message 34: by Emily Elisabeth (new)

Emily Elisabeth (emakakyoko) | 24 comments Er, idk. i don't remember

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked the lyrics for Think of Me is that helps...sorry, I havent read the book or seen the movie, so I wouldn't be much help.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

here's some that I found online...

Raoul: There is no phantom of the opera.

The Phantom: Slowly, gently, night unfurls its splendour. Grasp it, sense it - tremulous and tender. Turn your face away from the garish light of day, turn your thoughts away from cold, unfeeling light - and listen to the music of the night!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I have known for a while that Andrew Llyod Webber is making a sequel to The Phantom of the Opera:Love Neverr Dies. I was wondering what you guys have heard about it and how you feel about a sequel.
Personally I have no clue what the plots about and I think it would be best if they left it alone, they basically are ruining the story at the end. What do you think? Whats it about any ways?lol

message 38: by Rory (new)

Rory (rorylynne) | 5 comments Well in the movie at the end Raoul discovers that the Phantom is still alive. It doesn't tell you that but it is implicated. So it could be about the Phantom and what happens to him. I think if they do it right it could be fascinating.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I think that if they are going to make a sequel they should at least use some of the cast from the first movie even if its one person, it would make it seem more true in a sense. You know what I mean?

message 40: by Rory (new)

Rory (rorylynne) | 5 comments Totally! I think they should bring back Megan (Mme. Giry's daughter) and of course the Phantom or maybe Christine and Raoul's daughter that might be really cool.