Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

A Marquess for Convenience (Matchmaking for Wallflowers, #5)
This topic is about A Marquess for Convenience
Book Issues > can't edit book

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Blythe | 4 comments Hello!

I would like to add the blurb to my book, A Marquess for Convenience, but it's telling me that I can only edit the metadata. Can you please help me?

I also need the book to be added to my Matchmaking for Wallflowers series. It is Book 5 in the series.

Many thanks for any insight you may have.

message 2: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3403 comments We can add a book description if you provide it (by posting back).

However, the following essential book details are also missing (and have apparently been for some time):
▪︎ ISBN (or ASIN)
▪︎ Book format
▪︎ Page count
▪︎ Publisher
▪︎ Publication date (according to the change log, postponed several times)

➜ Can you provide these missing details, please?

message 3: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Blythe | 4 comments Thanks so much, Codex.

The book hasn't been published yet.

I was planning to publish it last year, but postponed it. I would like to be able to send my newsletter to the page now so that they can read the blurb, add the book and get excited.

ISBN/ASIN - N/A now
ebook
none (it's just me)
July 20, 2017

This is the book description:

The ton views widowed baroness Lady Madeline Mulbourne as a renowned hostess of society parties. In reality, her flighty manner disguises an encyclopedic knowledge of art, a bone-deep distrust of men, and a dangerous secret.

Lord Arthur Carmichael, Marquess of Bancroft, is at a crossroads. His wild reputation was the perfect cover for the spy missions he undertook for the Crown. Now, that reputation could keep him from settling into a cabinet position—unless he takes a wife.

Before he can embark on the dreaded wedding quest, he must complete one last mission: catch a thief who’s stolen four of five priceless French jewels. If the last one disappears, the fragile peace between France and England could be damaged beyond repair.

Whom should he encounter on the French Riviera but Lady Mulbourne, who never forgave him for vanishing during their long-ago courtship. Arthur suspects her nimble fingers are adept at more than just fluttering a fan, because he knows of one item she’s already stolen: his heart.

Warning: Contains a mysterious baroness with a secret identity, a marquess who’ll bite the matrimonial bullet to get what he wants, and a marriage that’s anything but convenient.

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 9825 comments I've added #5 to the series, but I'm a bit baffled why you can't edit the book page.

As Codex said, please post the details and a librarian will be able to add them.

message 5: by Zoey (last edited Jul 03, 2017 08:59PM) (new)

Zoey  (RozanneN) | 127 comments It looks like Bianca has 2 separate profiles (with the same profile pic). A member one which she is posting here with & an author one https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...
I'm guessing she is trying to edit her books while logged in to her member account and it wont let her as she (or at least that account) isn't the author

message 6: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 9825 comments Ah-ha!! Great sleuthing Zoey.

message 7: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3403 comments [#3]: Bianca wrote: “. . . The book hasn't been published yet.

I was planning to publish it last year, but postponed it. I would like to be able to send my newsletter to the page now so that they ca..."

I’ve added such details as can be used from your feedback. Please check the populated book description: the first sentence doesn’t seem to make sense.

Please update any information that may change between now and official publication. ✶ Accurate data is important—it’s about more than just a title and a cover.

message 8: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Blythe | 4 comments Thank you so much all of you :-)