Play Book Tag discussion

July 2017: Footnotes > Beach Book Suggestions

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 436 comments I am looking for some fun books to read on the beach. Does anyone have any favorites or good suggestions for me? Thanks!

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie Amiatu | 3063 comments If you haven't read or seen Big Little Lies, I would recommend it as a good beach read.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 3359 comments I have a couple of summer fluff poolside reads picked out for this summer, but who knows if they are any good yet. You know what I loved last summer? Eight hundred Grapes! Beach read for sure!

Marina (Sonnenbarke) (Sonnenbarke) What about Agatha Christie's books? or maybe M.C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin series?

message 5: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (DrNicoleR) | 3632 comments Feel free to scan my bookshelf, though I do not use the "beach read" tag there are tons that I have recently added!

I am getting ready to start The People We Hate at the Wedding, which promises to be a beach read!

message 6: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1897 comments A couple of recent "beach reads":

My Not So Perfect Life
The Little French Bistro

Both light and and easy reads.

message 7: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 1792 comments I just read Allie and Bea and it would be a great beach read because it is light and sweet and they follow highway 1 from southern California to Washington.

message 8: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 436 comments Thanks everyone for your great suggestions! Now I will check the library and see what is in.

message 9: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (TessaBookConcierge) | 2741 comments Kelly, I didn't see any of the Stephanie Plum series on your shelf.

Start with One for the Money ... they're fast, fun reads. Perfect for the beach!

message 10: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 4838 comments I've been searching my book list high and low for a beach read for you. I guess I don't read many . . .but I am going to recommend Pope Joan because it is an entertaining historical fiction read that's easy, and I think you'll enjoy it . . .maybe if not for the beach, for some other time!

message 11: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (DrNicoleR) | 3632 comments Update: Do NOT read The People We Hate at the Wedding. It is not beachy as advertised.

message 12: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (TessaBookConcierge) | 2741 comments Oh ... how could I forget Beatriz Williams.

The only one of hers I've read (so far) is A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams ... but I've got several others on my tbr.

message 13: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (DrNicoleR) | 3632 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Oh ... how could I forget Beatriz Williams.

The only one of hers I've read (so far) is A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams ... but I've got several others on my tbr."

I adore Beatriz Williams. I have read all of her books except for the one that just came out a couple of weeks ago (but, I have it on hold at the library). I fully support reading A Hundred Summers though! It was a good one :)

Or, if you want to read William's only book that is not loosely based on those characters, my favorite of hers is Overseas, which is a time travel romance book ♥

message 14: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1897 comments Nicole R wrote: "I adore Beatriz Williams. ..."

And my reading sister is the one who turned me on to BW by insisting I read Overseas; I have since read all of her books, except Cocoa Beach which is the one that came out last week. I will get to it very soon.

message 15: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (DrNicoleR) | 3632 comments Ladyslott wrote: "Nicole R wrote: "I adore Beatriz Williams. ..."

And my reading sister is the one who turned me on to BW by insisting I read Overseas; I have since read all of her books, except [bo..."

I wondered if you had started Cocoa Beach yet! I have it on hold at the library and hope it comes in soon.

message 16: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1897 comments Nicole R wrote: "I wondered if you had started Cocoa Beach yet! I have it on hold at the library and hope it comes in soon..."

None of my libraries have it yet, so because yesterday was Prime Day I bought the Kindle book at slight discount and 40% off my next Kindle book purchase by the end of the month. I have two must finish books going right now, but I am going to California on the 25th, so that is a good chunk of reading time on the plane.

message 17: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (DrNicoleR) | 3632 comments Ladyslott wrote: "Nicole R wrote: "I wondered if you had started Cocoa Beach yet! I have it on hold at the library and hope it comes in soon..."

None of my libraries have it yet, so because yesterday was Prime Day ..."

In reality, I will likely cave and use an Audible credit on it.