Beyond Reality discussion

Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse, #1)
This topic is about Leviathan Wakes
The Expanse Series > Leviathan Wakes: Roll call & first impressions (no spoilers)!

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shel (shel99) | 1436 comments Please let us know if you are reading, or plan to read, Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey.

Please, **NO SPOILERS** in this thread.

Shel (shel99) | 1436 comments I am about a third of the way through and was immediately sucked in right from the prologue. Don't you just adore starting a brand new series that you know you're going to love? :)

message 3: by Jim (last edited Jul 03, 2017 10:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jim Mcclanahan (clovis-man) | 427 comments I don't think there are spoilers in this: I like the fact that the characters all seem to have easy to remember names. Amos, Naomi, Fred, etc. Makes for much easier reading.

Travis Foster (travismfoster) I'll be reading, but cannot start until the middle of the month.

Bill Burris (wburris) | 74 comments I am about 20% done.

Kathi | 2207 comments I'll be staring this in a week or so, I hope. Looking forward to it.

Amanda | 57 comments I'm planning on reading it.

Random (rand0m1s) | 592 comments I'm about half way through my reread. I took a brief break to do a reread of Lock In.

Guillermo  (Midrel) | 1 comments I read this book some time ago. Looking forward to see whether you like it or not. I was not particularly impressed, but its not exactly a bad book either.

Sumant | 198 comments 90 pages in and story has picked up from the start, Corey does an admirable job of giving info about the world along with story progression.

I guess I have been reading lot of Hamilton lately so I have been accustomed hundreds of pages of world description before the story kicks in.

message 11: by Bill (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill Burris (wburris) | 74 comments 60% in. Not exactly what I was expecting, but still a good read.

Helen | 1074 comments I'm looking forward to this too. Especially the names given I recently read Goblin Emperor - 12 letter names!!

Sumant | 198 comments In 2 days have completed 40% of book and really loving how it is shaping up so far. Both the POV characters Holden & Miller are fantastic and offer an varying views.

message 14: by Shel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shel (shel99) | 1436 comments Helen wrote: "I'm looking forward to this too. Especially the names given I recently read Goblin Emperor - 12 letter names!!"

I had the hardest time keeping track of the characters in that book! :)
This one is MUCH simpler!

Helen | 1074 comments I know! My class were complaining about remembering who three characters were in our book, so I told them about Goblin. The following day I took a list of names in with apostrophes, titles etc

Lol!

message 16: by Randy (new) - rated it 1 star

Randy (hawk5391yahoocom) I'm about 40% done right now and I'm not that impressed with it. At times it's good, and at times it's kind of dull. The writing is not that great and the characters are pretty shallow but it seems like more of a plot-based book so I guess that's OK if the action and excitement is there.

message 17: by Shel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shel (shel99) | 1436 comments Randy wrote: "I'm about 40% done right now and I'm not that impressed with it. At times it's good, and at times it's kind of dull. The writing is not that great and the characters are pretty shallow but it seems..."

The character development happens slowly, but it does get much more in depth in later books.

message 18: by Randy (new) - rated it 1 star

Randy (hawk5391yahoocom) Shel wrote: "The character development happens slowly, but it does get much more in depth in later books. "

Good to know. I'm getting close to halfway done and I'll probably finish it later this month. I doubt I'll jump directly into the sequel.