Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > combine book pages and attribute to the correct author

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cora (new)

Cora Lee (coralee49) | 14 comments There are two separate pages for one of my books, one of which is attributed to the wrong Cora Lee and the other has a placeholder cover. Can these editions be combined and attributed to me?

This page has the right author (it's the one I put up) but has the placeholder cover: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

This one has the right title and cover, and belongs to the right series, but is attributed to the wrong author: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 2: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3403 comments #1: Moved the Kindle edition to your author profile, and merged with the redundant “ebook” (placeholder cover) to retain the Kindle edition.
Also normalised title and series numbering.

message 3: by Cora (new)

Cora Lee (coralee49) | 14 comments Beautiful! Thank you!!

message 4: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3403 comments The The Heart of a Hero series likely requires some review by a librarian with more exposure to series structure/numbering.
There is a mix of works by different authors as well as a mix of both novels and novellas (judging by length only—which in itself appears to be subject to opinion). Some adjustments may be called for.

message 5: by Cora (new)

Cora Lee (coralee49) | 14 comments That's how the series is supposed to be. The books are written by different authors, but are all connected :-) There is one novella--a prequel to set up the series--and the rest are novels.

message 6: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3403 comments There are at least three works in the series with less than 60 pages, which I think would not qualify as a “novel”—by Goodreads standards (note).

Regarding length, the following message (within the context of the containing discussion thread—note) refers: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 7: by Cora (new)

Cora Lee (coralee49) | 14 comments The final file hasn't been uploaded to Amazon for those books yet, and they aren't finished. Books 2-10 will all be full-length novels by the time of their release.

message 8: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3403 comments Then the information is premature and at best misleading.

message 9: by Cora (new)

Cora Lee (coralee49) | 14 comments None of us added the number of pages to our books' pages. I'm assuming that information was imported from Amazon--which requires the uploading of a file to set up a pre-order. I'd prefer the number of pages not be listed at all until publication, personally, but that doesn't appear to be an option.

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 32687 comments Mod
If the first book is a prequel novella and the rest will be novels, they should be numbered #0.5, #1, #2, #3, etc.

message 11: by Cora (new)

Cora Lee (coralee49) | 14 comments Some of our retailers wouldn't allow us to use decimals, and we were trying to keep the numbers the same so as not to confuse readers.

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Goodreads series numbering follows policy regardless of how books are numbered elsewhere.

message 13: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Series renumbered as per Goodreads policy, and assuming for now that only the first book will be novella-length. (If some of the others still are once they are published, they will need renumbering as well.)

Also removed The Heart of a Hero Series as author from several of the books.

message 14: by Cora (new)

Cora Lee (coralee49) | 14 comments We'll put it on the To Do list :-)