Reckless Treasure
This topic is about Reckless Treasure
Interviews! > Cecily Wolfe ▲ July 4th, 2017

Comments (showing 1-50 of 79) (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cat (last edited Jul 03, 2017 03:40PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Imb || The Reading Cat || | 616 comments Mod
Hello Everyone!

We will be hosting the fabulous Cecily Wolfe for an interview about her book Reckless Treasure on July 4th, 2017! Please note that this is a Tuesday interview.

Make sure to tune in!

The interview will take place at 7:00 PM ET!

message 2: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments Thank you! As of tomorrow, I will have a new new release, That Night (YA), so I am very excited!

message 3: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cecily wrote: "Thank you! As of tomorrow, I will have a new new release, That Night (YA), so I am very excited!"

EEK! We could talk about that too! So much excitement tomorrow!

message 4: by J. (new)

J. Saman | 29 comments Yay!! So excited! Will try to stop by and send my love!

message 5: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

J., that would be amazing!

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments I am here....can you believe it??! I am early but I was determined!!

message 7: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

YAYAYAY! Miss Minx is here!!!! <3

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments Catherine wrote: "YAYAYAY! Miss Minx is here!!!! <3"

I know it is a shocker but I set alarms and remembered to account for the time zone and everything!

message 9: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

WOWZA! So glad you're here! I saw you read the book, so this is sure to be great!

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments Catherine wrote: "WOWZA! So glad you're here! I saw you read the book, so this is sure to be great!"

Yeah, lol, no pressure.....ha ha ha

message 11: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments I'm here!

message 12: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "Catherine wrote: "WOWZA! So glad you're here! I saw you read the book, so this is sure to be great!"

Yeah, lol, no pressure.....ha ha ha"

Hahahah none at all!

message 13: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cecily wrote: "I'm here!"

HI EPI!!!

*drum roll*

Please welcome the fabulous Cecily Wolfe!

So first, how are you?:)

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments welcome! Welcome! WELCOME!!

message 15: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "welcome! Welcome! WELCOME!!"

That uppercase gradation was great XD

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments I was going for increased excitement, :)

So my first question. What was your inspiration for Reckless Treasure?

message 17: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments Catherine wrote: "Cecily wrote: "I'm here!"

HI EPI!!!

*drum roll*

So first, how are you?:)"

Thanks so much - I've never done this before (Goodreads interview) so I hope I get it right.

I'm doing great - today is the release day for my first YA title, That Night, so I'm pretty excited.

message 18: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cecily wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Cecily wrote: "I'm here!"

HI EPI!!!

*drum roll*

Thanks so much - I've never done this before (Goodreads in..."

You'll be fine ;) All the others have made it out alive... I think.

Just kidding! And that IS exciting!!! Congrats!!

message 19: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

I have a question as well! What made you want to stray from a typical HEA?

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments Yes Cecily, that is mega exciting!

message 21: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments Catherine wrote: "Cecily wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Cecily wrote: "I'm here!"

HI EPI!!!

*drum roll*

Thanks so much - I've never done this befor..."

Thank you!

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments Catherine wrote: "I have a question as well! What made you want to stray from a typical HEA?"

good question!

message 23: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "I was going for increased excitement, :)

So my first question. What was your inspiration for Reckless Treasure?"

The inspiration for RT was a little known Henry James novel that I studied a lot in grad school called The Awkward Age. I read it so many times and loved the story, and wondered if I could write a contemporary version. Many years later, I wondered why I hadn't done it - so I did!

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments The inspiration for RT was a little known Henry Jame..."

Had to look it up and I agree that your book is a contemporary version of that story. Nicely done.

message 25: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments I wrote an update on my website, www.cecilywolfe.com, about the similarities and differences between The Awkward Age and Reckless Treasure. Obviously there are a lot of differences because it is a contemporary re-telling, but there are a lot of similarities, if you are interested in taking a look.

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments Cecily wrote: "I wrote an update on my website, www.cecilywolfe.com, about the similarities and differences between The Awkward Age and Reckless Treasure. Obviously there are a lot of differences because it is a ..."

I shall do that :). Now that leads me to asking this question:

what was your inspiration behind That Night?

message 27: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "Catherine wrote: "I have a question as well! What made you want to stray from a typical HEA?"

good question!"

The original story did not have a happy ending - although some readers have found the ending a promise of something happier.

message 28: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cecily wrote: "I wrote an update on my website, www.cecilywolfe.com, about the similarities and differences between The Awkward Age and Reckless Treasure. Obviously there are a lot of differences because it is a ..."

Very cool! I'll look it up as well!

message 29: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "The inspiration for RT was a little known Henry Jame..."

Had to look it up and I agree that your book is a contemporary version of that story. Nicely done."

Thank you - I kept thinking, who am I to retell a classic. But I love the original, and it is such a soap opera.

message 30: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cecily wrote: "Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "Catherine wrote: "I have a question as well! What made you want to stray from a typical HEA?"

good question!"

The original story did not have a happy ending - althoug..."

I agree! It holds much promise for Francesca's future - even if it is not the expected ending!

message 31: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "Catherine wrote: "I have a question as well! What made you want to stray from a typical HEA?"

good question!"

Thanks! :D

message 32: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "Cecily wrote: "I wrote an update on my website, www.cecilywolfe.com, about the similarities and differences between The Awkward Age and Reckless Treasure. Obviously there are a lot of differences b..."

OUUU good one Minx ;)

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments The original story did not have a happy ending - althoug..."

I don't mind if a story does not have a happy ending as long as the ending is appropriate for the story....as in the case of Reckless Treasure.... I hate when an ending feels like I walked off a cliff and i wondering where the hell I missed the last step....lol

message 34: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "Cecily wrote: "I wrote an update on my website, www.cecilywolfe.com, about the similarities and differences between The Awkward Age and Reckless Treasure. Obviously there are a lot of differences b..."

Well - that is a tough one. My best friend's family has lost four young people to heroin overdoses in the past few years. It is a terrible problem in our state. So I decided to write about that, and how people who use just once can die from it, not just addicts. It was a hard story to write, and I cry a lot even thinking and talking about it. I hope it helps others who have been through this experience, and keeps people from using just to try it.

message 35: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments That Night really focuses on the emotional experiences of those Kayla, the girl who dies from a heroin overdose in chapter one, loved and has left behind - so it deals with grief as well as the heroin problem.

message 36: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cecily wrote: "Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "Cecily wrote: "I wrote an update on my website, www.cecilywolfe.com, about the similarities and differences between The Awkward Age and Reckless Treasure. Obviously the..."

Wow... that sounds like such a moving novel. The fact that you have a personal connection to it must make it so heartfelt!

*runs over to add it to TBR*

message 37: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "The original story did not have a happy ending - althoug..."

I don't mind if a story does not have a happy ending as long as the ending is appropriate for the story....as in the case of Reckless T..."

Agreed!!! *high five*

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments Cecily wrote: "That Night really focuses on the emotional experiences of those Kayla, the girl who dies from a heroin overdose in chapter one, loved and has left behind - so it deals with grief as well as the her..."

It sounds like a very emotional story. I have a family member that had a heroin addiction and it nearly cost him his life.

message 39: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments Catherine wrote: "Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "The original story did not have a happy ending - althoug..."

I don't mind if a story does not have a happy ending as long as the ending is appropriate for the story......"

I agree, too (obviously) and I think a happy ending would have felt fake in RT. Some readers have not been happy with the ending, and I am sorry that they expected a HEA, but . . .

message 40: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cecily wrote: "That Night really focuses on the emotional experiences of those Kayla, the girl who dies from a heroin overdose in chapter one, loved and has left behind - so it deals with grief as well as the her..."

I love novels like that! I think it's amazing that you are tackling such a difficult subject *standing ovation*

message 41: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cecily wrote: "Catherine wrote: "Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "The original story did not have a happy ending - althoug..."

I don't mind if a story does not have a happy ending as long as the ending is appropriat..."

I agree! It was honestly the best ending. You stressed Francesca's position on the matter throughout the novel, so for her to have a sudden change of heart at the end, especially at the end, would have been out of character. I'm happy you stayed true to her!

message 42: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments That Night is only 99 cents for the month of July, so it's a good time to grab it! The paperback won't be available until the end of the month, then I'll have a Rafflecopter with a signed copy and some other story-related items to go along with it.

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments So I want to say that I like your "about the author" statement that says: "stories are character driven and focus on emotional experience as well as realistic relationships"

I think you are very true to that. I enjoyed that about your story Reckless Treasure. We are so used to HEA type stories that we forget in real life sometimes people don't magically fall in love when another person makes a declaration or that sometimes we just can't choose our families. Life can just hurt sometimes.

message 44: by Cecily (new) - added it

Cecily Wolfe | 57 comments Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "The original story did not have a happy ending - althoug..."

I don't mind if a story does not have a happy ending as long as the ending is appropriate for the story....as in the case of Reckless T..."

I know what you mean - like the author really wasn't sure how to wrap it up, or, they were afraid NOT to wrap it up so they just ended it in some way to end it.

message 45: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "So I want to say that I like your "about the author" statement that says: "stories are character driven and focus on emotional experience as well as realistic relationships"

I think you are very t..."

I couldn't have said it better myself! *stares in awe*

message 46: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cecily wrote: "That Night is only 99 cents for the month of July, so it's a good time to grab it! The paperback won't be available until the end of the month, then I'll have a Rafflecopter with a signed copy and ..."

*runs over to Amazon*

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments Cecily wrote: "Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "The original story did not have a happy ending - althoug..."

I don't mind if a story does not have a happy ending as long as the ending is appropriate for the story......"

Exactly, I like to crest the hill and walk down the other side to the outcome, lol. Or leave me on the cliff but let me have an idea why I am waiting.

message 48: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cecily wrote: "Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "The original story did not have a happy ending - althoug..."

Ah yes, the classic, "I'm out of words and need to make this work". *shakes head* *sigh*

message 49: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Why did you decide to make your newest novel YA? As all your other novels are not

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 122 comments Catherine wrote: "Cecily wrote: "Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "The original story did not have a happy ending - althoug..."

I don't mind if a story does not have a happy ending as long as the ending is appropriate f..."

yeah, don't let that kind of book get in the hands of a book reviewer, lol

« previous 1

EMPOWERING PERFECT IMPERFECTIONS... with INDIA

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

That Night (other topics)