Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Susie's June 2017

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (SusieinKS) | 1335 comments It was a pretty good month!

45) Diagnosis Death by Richard L. Mabry "4"
46) Lethal Remedy by Richard L. Mabry "4"
47) The Beach Bags by Karen Rempel Arthur "4"
48) Patterned After Death by Elizabeth Lynn Casey "4"
SS) Cathedral Windows by Clare O'Donohue "4"
49) Black Jasmine by Toby Neal "4"
50) Pancakes and Corpses by Agatha Frost "4"
51) Mr. Monk Helps Himself by Hy Conrad "4"
52) The Cakes of Wrath by Jacklyn Brady "3.5"
53) Witching You Were Here by Amanda M. Lee "4"
54) Mr. Monk Gets on Board by Hy Conrad "4"
DNF) Rebel Without a Cake by Jacklyn Brady
DNF) The Cakes of Monte Cristo by Jacklyn Brady

I just couldn't finish those last two books. There was just something I didn't like about this series so I decided not to waste my time.

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 11094 comments Susie: looks like a good month! And I agree with deciding to not finish when a book just didn't grab you. I've done that several times lately.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1250 comments If a book doesn't grab me I don't finish it either.

message 4: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1179 comments Ann wrote: "Susie: looks like a good month! And I agree with deciding to not finish when a book just didn't grab you. I've done that several times lately."

I abandon library books constantly. It's always a tremendous disappointment to me because all these are books that I put on hold because they sounded so good, and I had been looking forward to them.

I used to abandon e-books regularly, but now most of my e-books are books that I've committed to review. So I have to finish them.

message 5: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Jul 04, 2017 05:42AM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (Bonadie) | 6498 comments 11 books is nothing to sneeze at, Susie! And all 4's except for the series you wisely decided to DNF. Life is too short and there are too many good books out there we'll never get to as it is.

message 6: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2221 comments Quitting a book you do not enjoy might save you a couple of hours of wasted time; quitting a series saves uncounted hours and continuing disappointments.

message 7: by Melodie (last edited Jul 04, 2017 01:51PM) (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 3186 comments Good month and I also agree about abandoning a book you don't like. I actually really liked all the books in the Piece of Cake series, including the 2 you DNF'd! I'm sure a lot of that had to do with the New Orleans setting.