Play Book Tag discussion

To Kill a Mockingbird (To Kill a Mockingbird, #1)
This topic is about To Kill a Mockingbird
July 2017: Award Winners > To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee- 5 stars

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tracy (Tstan) | 701 comments Pulitzer Prize 1961
Oh, this masterpiece!
There's not much I can add to what has been said before about this- just that the second reading holds up. There were some things I'd forgotten- Mrs. Dubose and her verbal abuse, Miss Maudie's house fire, and that ridiculous ham costume. But so many lessons come from this book!
There are so many voices provided by so many authors in American Literature. Harper Lee is our conscience, in the form of a little girl named Scout, and a recluse named Boo.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 3348 comments I found absolutely amazing to read it over 30 years later as an adult. You understand it so differently then when you read it as a child. This is one of those books that should be read again. Unforgettable. Masterpiece with the right word.

Barbara M (Barbara-M) | 1027 comments Loved it, loved it, loved it! I totally agree Amy, I don't reread but if I ever do, it will be this book.

Ladyslott | 1890 comments I also re-read it recently and got so much more out of it than I did in high school

Book Concierge (TessaBookConcierge) | 2734 comments My all-time favorite book. I've re-read it so often I can quote whole paragraphs. But I have always found something "new" (or previously not noticed) to marvel at. A Masterpiece, indeed!

Karin | 3097 comments Yes, there is no question that this deserved the Pulitzer Prize! I wish I could say the same for all the Pulitzer Prize winners.