Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Room
This topic is about Room
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Room by Emma Donoghue → Start Date: July 15th, 2017

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Trinity | 9907 comments Feel free to join Tanya and I!

message 2: by Esther (new) - added it

Esther | 215 comments I would like to join but I think I would be starting a little bit later

Trinity | 9907 comments Esther wrote: "I would like to join but I think I would be starting a little bit later"

That's fine, Esther :)

message 4: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I'm hoping to join you.

Trinity | 9907 comments Love to have you, Vicki!

Trinity | 9907 comments Starting this today!

message 7: by Tanya (new) - added it

Tanya (Bookaholic22) | 1055 comments Starting this today :) This week has been hectic and I haven't had time to start it :(

message 8: by Tanya (new) - added it

Tanya (Bookaholic22) | 1055 comments Putting this aside as I've read a few pages and I'm finding it hard to get used to the writing style :(

Trinity | 9907 comments I wasn't able to start because my week has been pretty busy as well.

Oh no :( I know it's in the perspective of Jack so I understand the writing is going to be completely different than what I'm used to. I hope it gets better for you! I'm going to start soon

Trinity | 9907 comments I've been sick for the past couple of days but it's finally going down so today I plan on getting more into my last book and starting this one. :)

Trinity | 9907 comments I'm up to "Dying" - 30%
And so far, I'm liking it. At first I didn't think I could like it because it took me soo long to read through this writing style. Like as I read through it I couldn't figure out what was going on so I had to go back and REALLY reaadd through the lines to finally understand ohhh so this is what's really happening and this is how he interprets it. Now I'm getting used to it and I'm enjoying how the story is going.

I can't believe (view spoiler)

Jack (view spoiler)

And I want to say I love their creativity. (view spoiler)

I think I'm getting close (view spoiler)

Trinity | 9907 comments Alrighty I just finished and I enjoyed, not as much as I'd hoped I would but it was still a great book to me. Would love to discuss this with you once you finish :)