Yoga Folks discussion

A Death at the Yoga Café (Keeley Carpenter #2)
This topic is about A Death at the Yoga Café
Death at Yoga Cafe discussion > Summer read: A Death at Yoga Cafe

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Meryl Landau (MerylDavidsLandau) | 731 comments Mod
Hi all:

I'm about a third of the way through the "yoga mystery" A Death at the Yoga Cafe by Michelle Kelly and I think this would be a fun book for the group to read during the summer.

It's actually a sequel to the book Downward Facing Death although you don't have to have read that one--I haven't. (The title made me think it would be a more gruesome book than I now suspect it is, since this follow-up mystery is pretty light.)

Here's a write-up of the plot: Keeley Carpenter has found her center. Returning to Belfrey, the traditional English village she called home ten years before, she has opened her dream business, a yoga studio that doubles as a vegetarian cafe..... Keeley's shocked when the boyfriend of her nemesis, fellow small-business owner Raquel, who is the town mayor, is found dead after a public spat. Despite Ben's [her boyfriend, a police officer] strict warnings to stay out of it, Keeley isn't about to let an innocent woman take the blame for the murder--even if it is glamorous, spoiled Raquel.

Library Journal said "Kelly's sympathetic, appealing protagonist is one whom readers will cheer on." So far in my reading, I agree.

The book is only available as a hardcover (but it's greatly discounted on Amazon; currently $11) or as a $15 Kindle. Perhaps you can get it from your local library?

Please comment on this thread if you think this is something you might read this summer. I'll be posting prompts for the first third of the book in a week or two and you can comment whenever you get to that part, even if it's not till later this summer.

Hope everyone is having a great summer so far!
Namaste!
Meryl

message 2: by Natasha (new)

Natasha (tashimi76) | 5 comments Hi Merck, I have Downward Facing Death, it was a Samsung Kindle freebie a while back and I haven't got around to reading it yet. I might try to read it and let you know how it goes!

Meryl Landau (MerylDavidsLandau) | 731 comments Mod
I would love to hear what you think of Downward Facing Death, Natasha. The writer flashes back to events from that book in the sequel I'm currently reading.