Beyond Reality discussion

Lock In (Lock In, #1)
This topic is about Lock In
Previous Books of the Month > Lock In -- Roll Call and First Impressions **NO SPOILERS!**

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Candiss, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Candiss (Tantara) | 1202 comments Mod
Please let us know if you are reading, or plan to read, Lock In by John Scalzi.

Please, **NO SPOILERS** in this thread.

Random (rand0m1s) | 592 comments I took a break from Leviathan Wakes to do a reread of Lock In. I'm rather back and forth on Scalzi, but this is one of the books a like. A near future SF mystery. Its a fun read and I got about 2/3rds through it yesterday. Should be able to finish up before the end of the day.

message 3: by Shel (new)

Shel (shel99) | 1433 comments I'd like to read this one, but haven't gotten my hands on it yet.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 250 comments I like this novel but after finished reading it two weeks ago I barely remember anything. So I guess it was not memorable enough. And yet the concept of "lock-in" is not new, if you read/ watched The Diving Bell and the Butterfly then you more or less know what's going on. Scalzi added some "realities" as in personal and communal, which I wish was explored more. However the novel is mostly about murder mystery.

Cassandra (CassandraT) | 20 comments hi, new here. I'm 9% of the way into Lock In. It reads a lot like a movie.

Conal (ConalO) | 4 comments Lock In was a fun story. I thought I would pass along that (at least in my opinion) it helps to read the the below story before reading this book.

http://www.tor.com/2014/05/13/unlocke...

Random (rand0m1s) | 592 comments Is that separate in the print book? I listened to the audio and its included at the end. Very fascinating piece.

Conal (ConalO) | 4 comments Random wrote: "Is that separate in the print book? I listened to the audio and its included at the end. Very fascinating piece."

It is not included in the print book (not sure about e-book). You can buy it as a separate book from Amazon or read it for free on the Tor site from the link above.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 250 comments Conal wrote: "Random wrote: "Is that separate in the print book? I listened to the audio and its included at the end. Very fascinating piece."

It is not included in the print book (not sure about e-book). You c..."

I don't think it's in the e-book, so thank you!