What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children's picture book from mid 80's or early 90's about little girl monster or dinosaur

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaela (last edited Jul 03, 2017 09:54AM) (new)

Kaela | 3 comments I really don't remember a lot of specific details but I'm going to be as specific as I can. I used to read this book in the early to mid 90's but I know my parents would read it to me before I could read so I'm guessing it was published in the mid to late 80's or maybe early 90's. It was a children's paperback book. The images were in color. The book itself was probably just bigger than a 8.5x10 piece of paper. The main character was a young girl dinosaur or monster, can't remember which ( I know her hair looked like it was horns, triceratops?). I can't remember if it was about her being small or young or different from the others but I know she didn't have a lot of friends and she was lonely. At the end of the book she was ok with being who she was cause she was special and that was a good thing.

message 3: by Kaela (new)

Kaela | 3 comments Sarah wrote: "Probably not this, but it came to mind.... Little Monster. Trouble in the Family: Bedtime, anytime adventure story. Children's picture book for ages 4-10"
That book has some similarities but it's not it. Thanks though!

message 4: by Kris (last edited Jul 04, 2017 06:18PM) (new)

Kris | 13592 comments Mod
Kaela, is this a picture (about 32-48 pages) or a chapter book with mostly words?

Can you describe the illustrations - realistic/cartoony/cute, simple/detailed, painted watercolors/bold graphics, sunny/dark/muted colors/black & white?

What color is the girl monster/dinosaur? Does she have a tail, wings, claws, walk on two feet, etc.?

message 5: by Kaela (new)

Kaela | 3 comments I really have no idea how many pages the book is. I would say it can't be more than 20 pages. It's cartoony/cute and for sure a picture book. I would say each page maybe had 3 to 5 sentences on it. The colours were regular Crayola type colours. The characters all walked on their two hind feet and wore clothes as if they were people. I remember the characters seemed to live in a forest and even though they had human like characteristics (walk upright, clothes), they didn't live in what we would consider a house. I don't remember if she had a tail/wings/claws. When I read wings that seemed to jump out at me but that could be just cause I'm trying so hard to think of it. I believe she was a darker color, like purple or blue, not bright like yellow or orange.

message 6: by Adele (new)

Adele | 819 comments This is just a guess and unfortunately I was not able to find any pictures, but the time period is right and worldcat says it is about "self-acceptance": The Only Purple Dinosaur