Harry Potter Lovers Group discussion

Best Movie Yet

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jon, Supermod to save the day! (new)

Jon Snow (bigreader) | 110 comments Mod
What do you think the best movie is yet?

message 2: by Jon, Supermod to save the day! (new)

the 4th movie it was awesome

message 3: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin definitely the 3rd movie. it was the one that stayed closest to the book, i think.

message 4: by xXRossiya AruXx, FIRST PERSON TO HAVE GRAY THINY NEXT TO THEIR NAME!! WOOT! (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) | 88 comments Mod
3 4

message 5: by Elise (new)

Elise (ghostgurl) My favorite was the third movie, which was also my favorite book.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Half Blood Prince!

message 7: by Sarahcorn, Second person with a title!!! (new)

Sarahcorn (the-meowing-unicorn) | 16 comments Mod
I think Half Blood Prince was good...it had really good special affects...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

i like the 5th 1 the most

message 9: by xXRossiya AruXx, FIRST PERSON TO HAVE GRAY THINY NEXT TO THEIR NAME!! WOOT! (new)

xXRossiya AruXx (biggestanimegeek) | 88 comments Mod
yeah...6 was good.....

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) I wish Snape wasn't evil on this one....Whaaaa! Who plays Snape? He's a good actor.

message 11: by Pandy (new)

Pandy Alan Rickman plays Snape and he's certainly amazing. HBP is my favorite movie, but I think PoA is the best adaption - I like it almost as much as HBP.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Alan Rickman....

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Does he wear a wig...as Snape?

message 14: by Jon, Supermod to save the day! (new)

I don't know but he plays the rule very well.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) Yeah! That is the truth!

message 16: by Pandy (new)

Pandy I think he wears a wig.

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) That explains a lot!

message 18: by PrincessJahnavi (new)

PrincessJahnavi | 46 comments I though it was the 1st 2nd and 6th. But the 2nd & 1st were better than the half-blood Prince, because they actually stuck to the book!!

Lol...Naruto Rocks! (Katelyn, Haku.) No they did not!

message 20: by Pandy (last edited Aug 21, 2009 06:30PM) (new)

Pandy I think the 1st and 2nd movies suffered from trying to adapt the books into movie too literally.

message 21: by PrincessJahnavi (new)

PrincessJahnavi | 46 comments Animal Lover Forever! (Katelyn) wrote: "No they did not!"

YES THEY DID!!! WELL THEY STUCK TO IT MORE THAN THEY DID WITH THE OTHER MOVIES!!!

message 22: by PrincessJahnavi (new)

PrincessJahnavi | 46 comments Pandy wrote: "I think the 1st and 2nd movies suffered from trying to adapt the books into movie too literally."

Really I didn't really think so.

message 23: by Pandy (last edited Aug 22, 2009 10:30AM) (new)

Pandy Yeah, I guess some purists are like that. I used to be more of a book purist, but not so much anymore. With the exception of GoF, I think all the later movies have been much better. I love HBP and PoA and OotP is pretty good. The really annoying changes for me are the portayal of Dumbledore in GoF and OotP (So much better in HBP :D) and useless stupid moments like Ginny tying Harry's shoelace and ridiculous lines like "I love magic" (said with an idiotic grin), but otherwise I think the later films bring more to the screen and are more enjoyable.

message 24: by PrincessJahnavi (new)

PrincessJahnavi | 46 comments Cecy wrote: "the 3rd movie"

I guess ur right, and I do agree with u that the sixth movie is really REALLY REALLY good!!!

message 25: by Jon, Supermod to save the day! (new)

the 4th book was really good and had main parts and little parts so the movie was really good because the book was good.

message 26: by Pandy (new)

Pandy All the HP books are wonderful. I really don't like the GoF film, but the graveyard scene at the end is very well done. I actually think, considering the HP books and movies, that I love the sixth and third movies the most, in part, because they are not my favorite books of the series. Some of the changes are easier to accept and understand if it isn't my favorite book being adapted. Of course, I still think the DH films will be great, even if DH is my favorite book.

message 27: by PrincessJahnavi (new)

PrincessJahnavi | 46 comments I just wish they added Dobby in, instead they replace all the things he does by NEVIAL LONGBOTTOM!!! & that makes me mad, because I really liked Dobby, he was so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 28: by Pandy (new)

Pandy I can see why they wanted to save time by not putting Dobby in (it would have been neccessary to explain a little bit more about him than Neville) and I don't think the fact that he is missing is a big problem when just considering a single movie, but it is a problem for DH because Dobby's death will not have the same emotional impact that it could have done, since we've only seen him in CoS.

message 29: by PrincessJahnavi (new)

PrincessJahnavi | 46 comments Yeah, but it's not just one movie, he didn't apper in the 4th or 5th movie, in the book Hermoine makes clothes for elves and Dobby takes them all, and he also helps Harry. I think Dobby is too special and important to leave out like they did!!! X-(

message 30: by Pandy (new)

Pandy I know it's just not one movie, but I mean considering each movie that he didn't appear in seperately, it's not as though there's a missing point of the story. I wish they hadn't left him out too, though, because in DH his death has to emotionally affect Harry (and the audience).

message 32: by PrincessJahnavi (new)

PrincessJahnavi | 46 comments totally agree!!!!

message 33: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Escaffi-James (aahlyia) The best movie for me has to be the 4th. I love them all, but that movie had so much excitement and I loved the Triwizard competition. JK is a genious. I wish there would have been more Snape in it, but oh well.
The first movie is also very dear to me as it was the first time i got to see HP in life. Harry was so young, sweet, and cute, too.

message 34: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Escaffi-James (aahlyia) PrincessJahnavi wrote: "Pandy wrote: "I think the 1st and 2nd movies suffered from trying to adapt the books into movie too literally."

Really I didn't really think so."

The first 2 movies feel like Harry Potter in the book. I agree that they stuck more to the book.
The 5th adn 6th movies had little romantic twists and cutsie BS that I just can't stand. I do not like that they added humor that wasn't there in the books and it has to do with kind of flirty, dumb things. That should have been left out. Kinda hard to watch.

message 35: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Escaffi-James (aahlyia) Don't Mess With Me!(Katelyn) wrote: "I wish Snape wasn't evil on this one....Whaaaa! Who plays Snape? He's a good actor."

Alan Rickman plays Snpae and as much as i think Rickman is a very good actor, he isn't Snape in my eyes. Snape is suppodsed to be much younger, thinner, and just a different face overall. Movies and books are very different versions of Harry Potter story, though. The books mean so much more to me and the faces I have envisioned for the characters, haven't changed with movies.

message 36: by Elise (new)

Elise (ghostgurl) Andrea wrote: "PrincessJahnavi wrote: "Pandy wrote: "I think the 1st and 2nd movies suffered from trying to adapt the books into movie too literally."

Really I didn't really think so."

The first 2 movies fe..."

I felt like the 6th movie overdid the romance as well. I mean I like romance as much as the next person, but this was too much.