2018 ONTD Reading Challenge discussion

2017 ♦️ARCHIVES♦️ July > Discussion post - Oceanic books

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lea (new)

Lea | 196 comments Mod
Hey everyone! Keeping up with how we organized this month's rec post on ONTD (with book recs by continent), this thread is for everyone to discuss the books they've chosen to read by Oceanic authors (remember - only women whom you've never read anything by before).

Tell us which book you've chosen, what it's about, whether you liked it and would rec it, etc. You can also use this topic to ask for more recs!

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam (sweetbitter) | 39 comments I read The Natural Way of Things and it was seriously so good. It was kind of like The Handmaid's Tale meets Lord of the Flies. The writing is beautiful but the subject matter is very heavy so I could see it be triggering for some people. I do recommend it.

message 3: by Lea (new)

Lea | 196 comments Mod
Finished The Dry. Unbelievably overrated IMO.

message 4: by Juliana (new)

Juliana (Julzreads) | 57 comments Just finished Rock Addiction and since the author was born in Fiji and raised in New Zealand, I can take down another continent.
The book was nothing special. I've read better contemporary romance. There was too much sex and not nearly enough build-up. What worked for me the most was the relationships between the band. I was not amused by the uptight, virginal librarian stereotype either.