Oprah's Book Club (Official) discussion

General > New Blog and Stories from young guy with cancer

Comments (showing 1-24 of 24) (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Hartley | 20 comments Hi everyone,

My name is James and I write YA books. I have a friend called Joshua who is also a writer and is now a patient at The Royal Marsden Hospital in London. When he was 16 Joshua found out he had blood cancer and he´s started writing about it. He´s a great writer - his stuff is honest, moving and direct. I would love people to have a look at what he has written and comment on it or share (if you like it). It´s on Wattpad or here on my website.

Thanks for reading,

James

http://www.jameshartleybooks.com/25th...

message 2: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Hockaday | 32 comments I look forward to reading his blogs. I know it will be very powerful and moving. I published a poetry. book earlier this year about the loss of two relatives last year to cancer. Writing is a great way to cope with such things. I also just finished watching the filming of To Joey, With Love. I didn't know who she was until it was announced she had cancer. Watching it was so touching. I wish your friend Joshua the best and even though I do not know him I appreciate his wanting to share his story.

message 3: by Angel (new)

Angel | 4 comments Hi, James! I was so touched by your friend Joshua's story as I have had family members who've had and are still dealing with their own battle with cancer. Particularly my Aunt who is still dealing with her own battle with it. I've lost a grandmother to it. I shared his story on my Facebook and Twitter pages. I've also added it on my Wattpad and I have voted on it and commented on Wattpad. Thanks for sharing your friend's story with us!

message 4: by James (new)

James Hartley | 20 comments Hi Kimberly and Angel,

Thanks so much for the messages - I´ll pass them on. And thanks so much Angel for the sharing and support!

Means a lot,

Lots of love to you and your families - they obviously mean so much to you,

James

message 5: by Dominic (new)

Dominic Bowkett (DominicBowkett) | 2 comments Thanks for share your blog here.

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Hockaday | 32 comments I truly enjoyed reading his blog and I feel so connected. I have lost loved ones to cancer and know people battling it right now. So reading his blog really touches me. Things he mentioned are things I have or had worried about concerning people I know. Cancer is a huge war and I pray that he is able to win the battle and return to living a healthy life.

message 7: by James (new)

James Hartley | 20 comments Dominic wrote: "Thanks for share your blog here."

Thanks Dominic.

message 8: by James (new)

James Hartley | 20 comments Kimberly wrote: "I truly enjoyed reading his blog and I feel so connected. I have lost loved ones to cancer and know people battling it right now. So reading his blog really touches me. Things he mentioned are thin..."

Thanks again, Kimberly.

message 9: by Anne (new)

Anne Anderson | 10 comments Kimberly wrote: "I truly enjoyed reading his blog and I feel so connected. I have lost loved ones to cancer and know people battling it right now. So reading his blog really touches me. Things he mentioned are thin..."

Kimberly,

My name is Anne Anderson. I am a breast cancer survivor and I have written a book entitled " My Journey with Infiltrating Ductile Carcinoma (Breast Cancer)". I am also giving away a book on Goodreads I would like for you to view my website at http//:www. andranetteanderson.com and give me your feed back on it. I have been cancer free since Dec. 2014. I hope that you win the book and give me a review on it.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Anne Anderson

message 10: by Alexces (new)

Alexces Holmes | 7 comments This book is an erotic romance , it starts off in a prison where three men escape two of whom are apart of a white supremacist group the other is just pretending to be apart of the same group so he can be apart of the escape plan they go to the infirmary and they take a hostage it's a woman I think she was a doctor or nurse but they are in the back of a van and they are on the run and the hostage and the man who isn't part of the group are the main characters and they fall for each other . I don't know the author or the title BUT I WANT TO READ THIS BOOK AGAIN . PLEASE HELP ME 💚 Greatly appreciated!!!

message 11: by Ishmael (new)

Ishmael Graham | 15 comments I am commenting on Kimberly's message, my mother died of that awful disease of Breast Cancer and it is always good to know that yours is not the only family going through the process of grieving and healing for the ones you love.

message 12: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Myers | 27 comments Anne, I too am a breast cancer survivor and my husband and I both had cancer at the same time. My book #5 is 3 short read chapters and chapter 3 is entitled, The Cancer Couple. We celebrated 50 years of marriage in August and I was inspired to share my story with others to encourage and never give up on love, faith and hope and always give thanks to God.

message 13: by Anne (new)

Anne Anderson | 10 comments Lorraine,

Thanks so much for sharing your story with me and congratulations on your book. This is why I self-published my book as well, that is, to inspire others and to let them know that one can face any type of calamity or problem when you put God first. I know my God is awesome and He takes care of His children.

I would also like to congratulate on making the 50 year marriage milestone. That is a blessing in its self.

Have a great day.

Anne

message 14: by James (new)

James Hartley | 20 comments Good luck with all your books, guys. If you want to send me links here (don´t know if it´s allowed) but I´ll put them up on my Facebook (James Hartley Books) and personal webpage - www.jameshartleybooks.com

message 15: by Anne (new)

Anne Anderson | 10 comments James,

i appreciate you doing this for me. That is so nice for you to do. Here are my links; webpage: www.andranetteanderson.com; www.amazon.com/author/annea

Review and spotlight websites are as follows: http://www.pacificbookreview.com/jour...

http://www.pacificbookreview.com/auth...

Thanks again and have a great day.

Anne Anderson

message 16: by James (new)

James Hartley | 20 comments Hi Anne,

No problem. I put a link to your book on my Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/JamesHartley...

And I was thinking, if you could send me a few pages of the book, I could put it up as part of the Author Showcase section of my website - the link is here - I would include a bio, a link to your book and the reviews?

You can email me at james@jameshartleybooks.com if you want. If you attach part of the book I´ll do the rest.

Thanks Anne,

James

message 17: by Anne (new)

Anne Anderson | 10 comments If you go to amazon.com/author/annea and click on the book then you can obtain a few pages of the book. If you go to
www.andranetteanderson.com then you can obtain my bio as an author.

I really appreciate you doing this. Thanks so much.

Anne Anderson

message 18: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine Myers | 27 comments Anne, thank you so much for your words of encouragement. Best of luck in all your future endeavors, may God continue to bless you.

message 19: by Anne (last edited Jul 26, 2017 08:37PM) (new)

Anne Anderson | 10 comments The same to you as well. Have a great year. Anytime you feel like writing to me please do.

Anne

message 20: by Anne (new)

Anne Anderson | 10 comments James wrote: "Good luck with all your books, guys. If you want to send me links here (don´t know if it´s allowed) but I´ll put them up on my Facebook (James Hartley Books) and personal webpage - www.jameshartley..."

I noted that you had taken my book off of your page. However, I do want to thank you for putting it on your page.

If I can do anything to help you please let me know.

Anne

message 21: by Anne (new)

Anne Anderson | 10 comments James wrote: "Hi Anne,

No problem. I put a link to your book on my Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/JamesHartley...

And I was thinking, if you could send me a few pages of the book, I could put it up ..."

James,

When I looked on your Facebook page, I saw my book was still there. Thanks again. If you need me for anything please let me know.

Anne

message 22: by Ann (new)

Ann Reichardt | 4 comments James
very touching
my next book will be showing the pain of having a family member in a vegetative state. a personal story
check my fb page annreichardt@thedancecard
My 2 books on relationships may enlighten even those who are happy in a relationship
The New Dance Card. is available on amazon Barnes &Noble.
Web www.loveonthedancefloor.com

message 23: by James (new)

James Hartley | 20 comments I´ll have a look Ann, for sure.

James.

message 24: by James (new)

James Hartley | 20 comments New blast from Josh today, if anyone´s on Wattpad -

https://www.wattpad.com/450531229-the...