Addicted to YA discussion

Recommendations > Please recommend YA stand alones

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Siya (new)

Siya K. (siyak_) | 20 comments Hey! I would like some recommendations of YA stand alone books that are not contemporary or romance.

message 2: by Siya (new)

Siya K. (siyak_) | 20 comments I enjoy fantasies and dystopian. I've been also looking for realistic fiction stand alones. So please let me know what you recommend for those genres

message 3: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 227 comments This Savage Song is two fantasy books, but I'm reading the first one and it's amazing! So not really a standalone, but I think you can just read the first book ;)

Fleur (FranklyBooks) (fleurbooks) | 41 comments Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay (has romance though)
Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan (fake romance)

message 5: by Siya (new)

Siya K. (siyak_) | 20 comments Chloe wrote: "This Savage Song is two fantasy books, but I'm reading the first one and it's amazing! So not really a standalone, but I think you can just read the first book ;)"

I'll be sure to check that out! Thanks!

message 6: by Siya (new)

Siya K. (siyak_) | 20 comments Fleur (FranklyBooks) wrote: "Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay (has romance though)
Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan (fake romance)"

Yeah I'll take a look at those and see. Thanks!

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul West (paulwwest) Bridgetown High is a good standalone you might enjoy.

message 8: by Siya (new)

Siya K. (siyak_) | 20 comments Okay thanks I'll check it out!!

message 9: by Farren (new)

Farren (MmmCookies) | 421 comments Mod
Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst Ready Player One by Ernest Cline This is Not a Test (This is Not a Test #1) by Courtney Summers

and I know you said no contemporary but I recommend Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia. I think everyone will find something about it that they love.

message 10: by The Fae Louise (new)

The Fae Louise | 1458 comments The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

message 11: by Mia (new)

Mia (musical_books) | 26 comments Countless by Karen Gregory

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan (meelta84) | 20 comments The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly & Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

I didn't realize how hard it would be to find YA books that I love that aren't part of a series :)