Stephen King Fans discussion

Sometimes Dead Threads Come Back > August Book Nominations

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2369 comments Mod
It's time to nominate for April's book. This book is a book King has recommended to us readers. Please provide the source or blurb where King pushes your nominations...

One nomination per person.
Link to the title using the add book/author option.
Check here to see if we have read the book as a group before:
https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

message 2: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Kiernan | 36 comments I'd like to nominate The travelling vampire show by Richard Laymon I have on the cover where King says if you've missed Laymon you've missed a treat

message 3: by Nancy (last edited Jul 02, 2017 02:14PM) (new)

message 4: by Krystal (last edited Jul 02, 2017 06:12PM) (new)

Krystal (KrystalLyn) | 1 comments Troop by Nick Cutter. “The Troop scared the hell out of me, and I couldn’t put it down. This is old-school horror at its best.” —Stephen King

The Troop: A Novel

message 8: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1057 comments Mod
Lin wrote: "A Head Full of Ghosts"

The group has read this one.

message 9: by mrbooks (new)

mrbooks | 1320 comments Enders Game

message 10: by Luke (new)

Luke Emery | 17 comments How about The Three by Sarah Lotz?

"The Three is really wonderful. A cross between Michael Crichton and Shirley Jackson, hard to put down and vastly entertaining" Stephen King

message 11: by ElleEm (new)

ElleEm | 242 comments mrbooks wrote: "Enders Game"

Great book!

message 12: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 223 comments I have no idea what to nominate but I look forward to a new read!

message 13: by mrbooks (new)

mrbooks | 1320 comments Has anyone read Starship troopers ? A really good book, don't let the cheese movie put you off.

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (Paper_Addict) | 606 comments Has Stephen King recommended Starship Troopers the book (not the movie)? If so, where?

message 15: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (Wolfflet) The Troop

Jen from Quebec :0) (MuppetBaby99) | 36 comments I have already read a LOT of Nick Cutter. I would love to actually read the BOOK of Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card which I really need to do. I have started that book twice, but then moved towns/apartments and it was lost for awhile. Finally, the book is sitting on my shelf again; my real shelf. I second ENDER, for sure! --Jen from Quebec :0)

message 17: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Nominations closed

message 18: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

I can't find anywhere that King recommended Ender's Game. It's a fantastic book but will have to wait for the nominations when we recommend King a book we want him to read.

message 19: by Sofía (new)

Sofía | 2 comments I'd like to nominate Gone Girl from Gillian Flynn. I read it and as king has said is a very good book

message 20: by Kev (new)

Kev (Kevtheaudiobooklistener) | 21 comments I think he recommended the nix by Nathan Hill. Have any of you read that? I'm new here and don't know sorry.

message 21: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3041 comments Kev wrote: "I think he recommended the nix by Nathan Hill. Have any of you read that? I'm new here and don't know sorry."

On the home page, upper right, of each group is "Book Shelf", right underneath "Group Home". Click that and you can see all the books any group has read. :)

message 22: by Kev (new)

Kev (Kevtheaudiobooklistener) | 21 comments Thank you very much. I'll check there and have a proper look around ASAP.