Beta Reader Group discussion

Covers, Blurbs, 1st Line, Query > Blurb Feedback/NA Romance

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather (HeatherTT) | 37 comments Hi Everyone,
I have two possible blurbs I'm playing around with right now. Could you let me know which one draws you in more? Thanks!

Blurb #1

Recent college graduate, Leah, is ready to make her way in this world, all with a smile on her face and her college best friend, Eli, by her side. Thankfully they’ve managed to move past the awkwardness of their brief relationship and are now solidly planted in the friend zone. Or so she thought. 

It’s not until Leah meets Eli’s childhood best friend, Heath, that old feelings come to battle with new and a possible chance at love dangles in front of her. But with that chance comes twists and turns she never saw coming. A path that, had she known the outcome beforehand, she may never have travelled.

This is a story of what happens when lines are crossed, hearts are broken, and friendships are tested. And how three friends all manage to find their way back to each other. This is a love, hate, love story.

(the words 'love, hate' will have lines through them)

Blurb #2

Twenty-three year old Leah Dawson is better off than most, and she knows it. With a supportive family, a great job out of college and her best friend, Eli, by her side, she doesn’t take anything this life has to offer for granted. A lesson she learned when she lost her dad to cancer. Another lesson she’s learned? Don’t date your best friend. But she and Eli worked past the awkwardness and are now firmly planted in the friend zone. Until she meets Eli’s other best friend, Heath, and true feelings are exposed.

Fresh out of rehab, Heath Braeburn is Leah’s opposite in every way. Spoiled. Brash. Arrogant. The only thing they have in common is his best friend, Eli, who has been there for him through it all. Including when his mom up and left Heath and his dad. A moment he’s never gotten over. But at twenty-three years old, it’s time to prove that he’s not the man everyone has come to expect him to be. Starting with Leah. She is his clean slate. His game changer. But will he become Leah’s worst mistake?

This is a story of what happens when lines are crossed, hearts are broken, and friendships are tested. And how three friends all manage to find their way back to each other. This is a love, hate, love story.

(the words 'love, hate' will have lines through them)

message 2: by Pat (new)

Pat | 105 comments Definitely blurb two!
One is not as crisp, is a bit hackneyed while two gets the point across with more intrigue. It piqued my interest much more.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather (HeatherTT) | 37 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Shalini (new)

Shalini | 58 comments I liked blurb two better. It reads well and it manages to pique my curiosity about what really happens between all three and what makes it love hate love story. With the blurb two I would definitely pick up the book

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather (HeatherTT) | 37 comments Thank you!