The YA Book Club discussion

Dystopian > Dystopian books are "in"

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ~•siya•~ (last edited Jul 02, 2017 08:31AM) (new)

~•siya•~ | 14 comments I know that dystopians are very popular genres of books to read and write. Which is why I know a lot of people don't like them. But, I can't help it! They are so good in my opinion! Let me know your thoughts on dystopians and which series is your favourite. I love Divergent and I'm currently reading Red Queen.

message 2: by Gemma (new)

Gemma | 47 comments I think dystopian books aren't as popular as they used to be I think that people tend to be more into books based in a reality they know as the world continually changes.

My favourite dystopian series though is probably the hunger games I really enjoyed them as both books and movies.

message 3: by Eden (new)

Eden | 92 comments I think dystopian books were good at first, but continued to get more and more unoriginal and cliched as more and more people wrote them.
Some really good series do exist though, you just have to look harder to find them. My favorite would probably be the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu

message 4: by Grace (new)

Grace ᵔᴥᵔ (gracepasquale) | 2 comments The popularity of dystopian novels is a good and bad thing. Bad, because you have to weed through a bunch of uninteresting and very similar books, but good because authors keep getting more and more creative. I loved series like Lunar Chronicles, Hunger Games, Divergent, etc -- those may not exist if it weren't for people loving dystopian!

message 5: by ~•siya•~ (new)

~•siya•~ | 14 comments Eden wrote: "I think dystopian books were good at first, but continued to get more and more unoriginal and cliched as more and more people wrote them.
Some really good series do exist though, you just have to ..."

Yeah. I agree with you. The more popular they get, the more dystopian books come out. I don't know if that made sense, but hopefully you get what I was trying to say.

message 6: by ~•siya•~ (new)

~•siya•~ | 14 comments Grace wrote: "The popularity of dystopian novels is a good and bad thing. Bad, because you have to weed through a bunch of uninteresting and very similar books, but good because authors keep getting more and mor..."

I agree with you too. I like that authors are trying to be more creative.

message 7: by Nola (new)

Nola Byrum | 35 comments Yeah! Divergent is my favorite dystppian novel, along with Uglies.