Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2017- Monthly Challenges > Results of the Pick-for-Me Challenge, July 2017!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 52) (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Grey (last edited Jul 23, 2017 07:51PM) (new)

Grey | 1689 comments Mod
Month 4 of the Pick-for-Me challenge. Thank you again to Fabi, for doing the randomizer name draw... and thank you to all of us, for being awesome and doing these challenges. It is so much fun and I really look forward to them each month!

For our viewing pleasure... and because of my OCD, haha!

Amy picked Trailer Trash by Marie Sexton for Fabi; Fabi rated as 5 stars!!

Anna picked Enslaved (The Life of Anna, #1) by Marissa Honeycutt for Amy;

bev picked Sawbones (Sawbones #1) by Melissa Lenhardt for Jan;

Ela picked Jezebel (Jezebel, #1) by K. Larsen for Paula; Paula rated as 5 stars!!!

Fabi picked Love, in English (Love, in English, #1) by Karina Halle for Leslie; Leslie rated as 4.5 stars!

Grey picked Playing with Monsters (Playing with Monsters, #1) by Amelia Hutchins for Ela; Ela rated 5 stars!!!

Jan picked Arabella by Georgette Heyer for Anna; Anna rated as 4 stars!

Jean picked Fake Fiancée by Ilsa Madden-Mills for Michelle;

Leslie picked Accidentally on Purpose (Accidentally on Purpose, #1) by L.D. Davis for Jean; Jean rated as 5 stars!!!

Lisa picked A Lover's Lament by K.L. Grayson for Grey; Grey rated as 4.75 stars!!

Michelle picked The Infamous Ellen James (Infamous, #1) by N.A. Alcorn for Tessa; Tessa rated as 3 stars!

Niki picked The Opportunist (Love Me with Lies, #1) by Tarryn Fisher for Lisa; Lisa rated The Opportunist (4 stars), Dirty Red (4 stars), Thief (5 stars). Overall - mark me down as a 4.5 stars!!

Paula picked Fallen Crest Public (Fallen Crest High, #3) by Tijan for Niki;

Renee picked A Life Less Beautiful by Elle Brooks for Robin; DNF as of 7/13

Robin picked Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid for Renee;

Tessa picked The Lotus Palace (The Pingkang Li Mysteries, #1) by Jeannie Lin for bev; bev rated as 3-3.5 stars!

message 2: by Jan130 (new)

Jan130 | 991 comments Thank you Grey and Fabi. *squeezy group hug with everyone*

What an interesting and varied collection of books. Nice.

message 3: by Grey (new)

Grey | 1689 comments Mod
Thank you, Lisa! I finished A Lover's Lament... rated as 4.75 stars!!

Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary ❤️️ (4ukcats) | 2548 comments Annnnd A Lover's Lament is now on my TBR. It looks SO good! I can't believe I haven't heard of this book before now!

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (LisaAiello) | 1804 comments That was quick!!! So glad you liked it too. Gottaget to this one soon myself!

message 6: by Grey (new)

Grey | 1689 comments Mod
Lisa wrote: "That was quick!!! So glad you liked it too. Gottaget to this one soon myself!"

I love summer vacation! I read a TON during summer time! I don't normally watch TV, so yeah, books are my entertainment!

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (MichelleSantiago) | 274 comments Which Lovers Lament? There are several on Amazon

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna Penwick  (annapenwick) | 164 comments Finished Arabella 4 stars. I recommend this for anyone who likes Jane Austen.

message 9: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 871 comments Michelle wrote: "Which Lovers Lament? There are several on Amazon"

The one in message #1 up there that Lisa picked for Grey.

message 10: by Grey (new)

Grey | 1689 comments Mod
Michelle, it is the one by KL Grayson and BT Urruela. Really, really good!

message 11: by Jan130 (new)

Jan130 | 991 comments Anna wrote: "Finished Arabella 4 stars. I recommend this for anyone who likes Jane Austen."

:D Hooray.

message 12: by Ela (new)

Ela | 3123 comments Great list!

message 13: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1078 comments I finished my "Pick For Me" read from Leslie and LOVED IT!! 5 Stars!

Thank you Leslie, I even went ahead and am almost done book 2!

message 14: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1078 comments Grey, I am so happy you loved Lover's Lament....I FREAKING LOVED THAT BOOK!!! And I know I ranted about it a lot, but only some of you listened to me! Haha!

message 15: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 1820 comments Thats great Jean! Accidentally on Purpose is a fave for a lot of us.

I have to get cracking on rest of series.

message 16: by bev (new)

bev | 719 comments Fined the Lotus Palace. I liked it probably a 3/3.5.
I don't know i suck at stars. Bit i have more from her in my tbr and look forward to reading them. It was fun to visit a place and time that us unfamiliar to me.
Thanks for the pick Tessa.

message 17: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1405 comments :D You're welcome. That blurb had me curious.

message 18: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 1820 comments I am reading Love in English Love, in English (Love, in English, #1) by Karina Halle now and it is gooooooooood. 😍

message 19: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 871 comments Leslie I love that book!

message 20: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 1820 comments I am excited about it, it seems to be right up my contemporary romance alley. I love the setting and the premise of the story.

message 21: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 871 comments That's great. Hope you enjoy it!

message 22: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 871 comments Finished Trailer Trash by Marie Sexton.

Five stars and a huge thank you to Amy. You sure know how to pick 'em girl. My heart came out of it with a few bruises but feeling better because of it.

message 23: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (LisaAiello) | 1804 comments Finally finished with my Pick For Me book(s). Opportunist (4 stars), Dirty Red (4 stars), Thief (5 stars). Overall - mark me down as a 4.5. I absolutely adored this series!!! Thank you Nikki (and Ela)!! That's 3 off my TBR in one shot!

message 24: by Ela (new)

Ela | 3123 comments So happy you loved it Lisa!!!!!!!!! What else should I shout at you???
Have you read Nicole Peelers books? Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler

message 25: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (LisaAiello) | 1804 comments If it's angsty and has assholes, keep shouting it my way, Ela Belle!!!

Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary ❤️️ (4ukcats) | 2548 comments I lurved the Jane True series! But do you read PnR, Lisa??

message 27: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (LisaAiello) | 1804 comments Not so much, Nay - although the one or two I have read I seemed to enjoy!

message 28: by Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary ❤️️ (last edited Jul 19, 2017 11:10AM) (new)

Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary ❤️️ (4ukcats) | 2548 comments Jane True is one of those series that's easy to read. There's a lot going on, lots of action (therefore, Leslie would HATE it! lol), and then there's romance and some angst. The characters are truly paranormal and cool.

Nicole Peeler is an awesome writer (from what I remember, she's an English Lit professor) and she makes it where you can picture everything while you're reading--it's vibrant, fun, sometimes slightly crude reading.

ETA: and I should add 'sexy', which goes hand in hand with the crude!

message 29: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1405 comments lol I clicked on that one to see what it was, and was hoping it was at my library. :D

message 30: by Ela (new)

Ela | 3123 comments YEP ^ WHAT RENEE SAID!

message 31: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1405 comments 0.0 I apparently read the first three Jane True books. I had no idea.

message 32: by Ela (new)

Ela | 3123 comments LOL

message 33: by Ela (new)

Ela | 3123 comments Sooooooooooo I'm finishing up Playing With Monsters and LOVING IT BUT IT FEELS LIKE A FUCKING CLIFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 34: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (LisaAiello) | 1804 comments Did you not notice the Playing with Monsters Part 1 part of the title?

I get soooo excited when I find a book that is just a book all by itself. It's a rare thing it seems!!

message 35: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 871 comments Ugh! Stand alones are hard to find nowadays. I'm happy when I read one that's different couples within a series even. But, cliffies, grrrr, those are a huge pet peeve of mine.

message 36: by Ela (new)

Ela | 3123 comments Lisa wrote: "Did you not notice the Playing with Monsters Part 1 part of the title?

I get soooo excited when I find a book that is just a book all by itself. It's a rare thing it seems!!"

Oh stop it Lisa! Of course I did BUT I just figured it would be a continuation!

message 37: by Ela (new)

Ela | 3123 comments Fabi wrote: "Ugh! Stand alones are hard to find nowadays. I'm happy when I read one that's different couples within a series even. But, cliffies, grrrr, those are a huge pet peeve of mine."

So yeah, my July read is the third book in a series where I LOVED THE FIRST BOOK "NINE MINUTES" now I'm just reading to finish the series, check off TBR and fulfill the challenge.

message 38: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1405 comments Technically not a cliff, but more of, the end... For now. :P

message 39: by Grey (new)

Grey | 1689 comments Mod
Squee... I'm so happy... Tessa, *dances, grabs Tessa's hands and spins in a circle" She loves it... she loves it?!? Squee!!!

message 40: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1405 comments OOOH, I read 6 weeks this month. I'm going to make that my number book. I'm just having troubles getting into Room 212. It starts off too money, like a prologue that reveals too much.

message 41: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1405 comments Grey wrote: "Squee... I'm so happy... Tessa, *dances, grabs Tessa's hands and spins in a circle" She loves it... she loves it?!? Squee!!!"

Right? That makes me so happy too!

message 42: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 1820 comments I finished Love, in English (Love, in English, #1) by Karina Halle

What a swoonfest!!

4.5 **** 😁

message 43: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 871 comments Leslie!!! *dances around in circles* I am SO happy you liked it!

message 44: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 645 comments Not sure what thread we are using but I have finished my pick for me book - thoroughly enjoyed it

message 45: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 1820 comments Fabi, seriously, how could I NOT like it??? Mateo??? He is just perfect and the spanish is so sexy. Karina Halle has had lots of delicious non-american heros I have fallen hard for. Scottish, Italian, Australian....

*fans self*

message 46: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1078 comments Leslie, are you going to read Love, In Spanish now??

message 47: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 1820 comments Jean, yes, I will read Love, in Spanish (Love, in English, #1.5) by Karina Halle, but haven't started it yet.

message 48: by Fabi (new)

Fabi | 871 comments Leslie wrote: "Fabi, seriously, how could I NOT like it??? Mateo??? He is just perfect and the spanish is so sexy. Karina Halle has had lots of delicious non-american heros I have fallen hard for. Scottish, Itali..."

I done good. hahaha

Mateo, right? I want one. LOL

message 49: by Grey (new)

Grey | 1689 comments Mod
I think I missed a few for July. Amy, Jan, Michelle, Niki, Nay? Can anyone update me with their rankings of their books?

message 50: by Jan130 (new)

Jan130 | 991 comments Grey I haven't finished mine (yet) :/ I'm so behind on my challenge books! I keep getting sidetracked :-0

« previous 1