Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Book recommendations > Recommend a book about juries

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (new)

Scott Seeger | 1 comments I'm writing a screenplay about a jury and would like some inspiration. What are some non-fiction books that take place in a jury room? Not sure if that fits the genre of true crime, but somebody has to have wrote a few books from the jury point of view.

message 3: by Rita (new)

Rita (CrimeSleuthJunkie) | 826 comments Shelley wrote: "We, the Jury: Deciding the Scott Peterson Case

BRAIN DAMAGE: A Juror's Tale: The Hammer Killing Trial

[book:Private Diary of an O.J. Juror: Behind the Scenes of the T..."

Thanks for posting these new books Shelley! I have read practically every book on the O.J. case and to read a juror's story sounds very interesting. So does the first two as well.

message 4: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (savannahjan) | 52 comments The jury part of Steven Jackson's Monster traumatized me almost as much as the actual jury. - posted from iPhone app so I can't create the book link.

message 5: by Fishface (last edited Jul 03, 2017 10:01AM) (new)

Fishface | 6769 comments Here's the link for the book Kristin recommended: Monster

Jury takes place entirely in the jury room of the Juan Corona trial and is very, very suspenseful. I have to say I got a whole different perspective on what they were arguing about when I read Burden of Proof: The Case of Juan Corona, years later. It changed me from seeing the holdout juror as a numbskull -- it made me realize she may have been the only one in the room who wasn't.

message 6: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 6769 comments Madam Foreman: A Rush to Judgment
Private Diary of an O.J. Juror: Behind the Scenes of the Trial of the Century
We, the Jury: Deciding the Scott Peterson Case
Hung Jury: The Diary of a Menendez Juror

I have not read any of these but they look promising. I have heard there's one coming out by a member of the George Zimmerman jury.

message 7: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 6769 comments A Trial by Jury is supposed to be non-fiction, but I'm not convinced.