Clamp discussion

Other Mangas > From Far Away

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

Starbubbles | 649 comments Mod
i've always thought about picking this one up. but it seems really long...

message 2: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i hate it when that happens! just when it gets good, you can't get more!

message 3: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

yeah. true. you can do what i do and look up summaries for the books that come afterwards, and that normally helps with the desparation for the next book.

message 4: by Lea (new)

Lea | 18 comments I love this series!!!! I own all 14 volumes...
I really like the characters and the story, but for me, 14 volumes was just on the edge of being too long....

message 5: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

yeah, sometimes once it gets past 10, it's just too much. but i still have lots of series that far surpass the 20 mark. so i guess i'm not one to talk.

message 6: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

true, but my pocketbook cares. sometimes you just want a good short story. 3 volumes or so can be nice. but then there are goodies like hana kimi that you just can't pass up on

message 7: by Lea (new)

Lea | 18 comments You've got a point with the length thing....Sometimes series just drag on and on and it gets to where you just don't have the money to buy any more! :(
This one series "La Corda d'Oro" is just past the 10 volume point and I'm like "oh noes!" because I'm running out of cash... -.-;;

message 8: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

if it's a good series, i don't mind spending the money, but when it feels like it's dragging and it's over 10, uggggh. i'm so glad "boys over flowers" is at my library. it's over 30 volumes! plus, it's just not good enough for me to purchase. i just don't have the money for that length. "la corda d'oro" is a long one too. it was next on my library list, then i went on my shopping spree. yeah, library books have taken a back seat since then.

message 9: by Lea (new)

Lea | 18 comments Interesting...I've seen "Mixed Vegetables" but wasn't very interested. Would you suggest it?
"La Corda d'Oro" is a very good one. ^^ I really love it!

message 10: by Lea (new)

Lea | 18 comments ok, I might give it a try then...Food comics are fun! :D Have you read Kitchen Princess?

message 11: by Lea (new)

Lea | 18 comments I loved it! The ending was really good, even if the whole series was super sad! :(

message 12: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

"sand chronicles" is the same way. well, i haven't read the ending, nor have i read either "kitchen princess" or "mixed veggies." so i guess the comparison is a mute point. but it's a sad series that's pretty good.

message 13: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

lol! i totally read there too! but i consider it okay since i buy so many books. like when i returned my three books of vampire knight, was totally b/c i was that dissatisfied with them. my boyfriend was surprised that i would even consider doing that. but i replied that i buy books from them every month, so it's not like they are loosing business, nor will they have trouble reselling those books.

back to the point though, i totally read lots of stuff right there in the aisle. i have to be careful though, it sometimes gives me a headache.

message 14: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

anyway- i'm really looking forward to finding out who she marries too!

message 15: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

there was a sale a couple of months ago that was insane. it was like buy 10 books and get 15 for free. needless to say i just had to partake. though, i still get headaches and wooziness just from thinking about all of those books i bought during labor day.

message 16: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

nah, i mainly think about all of the money that disappeared, and then get woozy. though when i did get a hold of sailor moon, that was total excitment.