Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Option to click "already read" on Recommendations

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (RosaIglarsh) | 57 comments There are a lot of books suggested to me by Goodreads on my Recommendations shelf that I've read already. I don't want to click "not interested," because they're mostly books I've liked, and I don't always feel like starring them to mark "read." Clicking on them individually, marking them read, and then refreshing the Recommendations page takes too much time. Do you think there could be an option to click "already read" on a book without starring it? Thanks.

message 2: by Jaclyn, Goodreads Expert (new)

Jaclyn Woods (Jaclyn_Woods) | 3829 comments Mod
Thanks for reaching out! At present, clicking "not interested" will ensure you don't see those books in your recommendations again, but you'll still be able to find them on the site if you'd like to review/shelve at a later point. If you'd like to shelve the book as read from this page, then you'll have to rate the titles. I'm happy to put forward the suggestion to add an "already read" option that will shelve the book as read, without adding a rating, but it seems unlikely that we'd add this, as it's quite similar to the two existing options.

message 3: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (RosaIglarsh) | 57 comments Thank you, Jaclyn. I'm just afraid that if I click "not interested," my interests will be adjusted accordingly, even though they're correct. Do you think that would happen?

Elizabeth (Alaska) Rosa wrote: "Thank you, Jaclyn. I'm just afraid that if I click "not interested," my interests will be adjusted accordingly, even though they're correct. Do you think that would happen?"

I believe your recommendations are based on books you've shelved and rated. I believe "Not interested" is the same as "don't show this again."

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (RosaIglarsh) | 57 comments Are you sure? Thanks.

message 6: by Jaclyn, Goodreads Expert (new)

Jaclyn Woods (Jaclyn_Woods) | 3829 comments Mod
Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "I believe your recommendations are based on books you've shelved and rated. I believe "Not interested" is the same as "don't show this again."

Elizabeth (Alaska) is correct. I hope that helps you, Rosa! :)

message 7: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (RosaIglarsh) | 57 comments Thank you all! I'm helped.