Christmas in July Book Exchange discussion

2017 Christmas in July Exchange > Show Us Your Goodies!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 142) (142 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kendra (new)

Kendra T (kendra1117) | 102 comments Mod
Have you gotten any goodies yet?!
Share with us and make our TBR's grow more and more! lol

message 2: by Kendra (last edited Jul 01, 2017 08:26AM) (new)

So I set this thread up a few moments ago, not anticipating that I would be the first one to post! lol

I am such a sucker for M/M hockey books. They are my absolute favorite. I am so excited to get Home and Away. Thank you Santa!! :-)

message 3: by Kendra (new)

Am I the only lucky girl so far?? Thank you Santa for Merry Christmas, Mr. Miggles.

<3

message 4: by M'rella (last edited Jul 01, 2017 07:00PM) (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments I just got a prezzie #1!!!! :D

Delayed Gratification by Tamryn Eradani

Delayed Gratification (Daniel and Ryan, #1) by Tamryn Eradani

Thank you , thank you, thank you, July Elf =)

message 5: by M'rella (last edited Jul 01, 2017 02:55PM) (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments I am populating our Bookshelf and adding shelves as I go :)

message 6: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. | 25 comments I got my first goodie Zach thanks S.S.

message 7: by AliciaJ (new)

AliciaJ | 7 comments I got a huge surprise when I checked my email today

Shards in the Sun (The Heart of Texas, #1) by Trina Lane from the sweet Christmas in July Elf

The General and the Horse-Lord (The General and the Horse-Lord #1) by Sarah Black Best Laid Plans (Assassin/Shifter, #5) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion Half Moon Rising (Assassin/Shifter, #4) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion Alaska, with Love (Assassin/Shifter, #2) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion all from my wonderfully generous SS

Thank you thank you thank you!! What a great way to start my weekend.

message 8: by ~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (last edited Jul 01, 2017 05:45PM) (new)

~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (leilanilives2read) | 34 comments My Secret Elf gifted me with Celebrate (Avian Shifters, #1.5) by Kim DareCelebrate (I finally got around to reading Duck! (Avian Shifters, #1) by Kim DareDuck! recently - so good!) and Crocuta Crocuta (Bound Gods, #5) by Adrienne WilderCrocuta Crocuta (not sure how Adrienne can make Cerebrus a hero (a half-hyena!) but if anyone can do it he can).

message 9: by M'rella (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments @Elf ~ Lei ~

Thanks so much for The Lawrence Browne Affair!

The Lawrence Browne Affair by Cat Sebastian

Wanted that book for ages!

message 10: by ~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (last edited Jul 02, 2017 08:24PM) (new)

~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (leilanilives2read) | 34 comments Elf M'rella gifted Reawakening (Reawakening, #1) by Amy Rae DurresonReawakening! Thank you! Dragons!

message 11: by Diane (new)

Diane Dannenfeldt | 24 comments I woke up to some awesome gifts this morning from my SS, and I think I know who she is :)

Dark Space (Dark Space, #1) by Lisa Henry
Darker Space (Dark Space, #2) by Lisa Henry
Mashing (Beer and Clay, #3) by Sean Michael

Thank you so very much!!!

message 12: by Kendra (new)

This is awesome! Nice selections. I'm almost embarrassed to say I haven't read any of the books you received, and hadn't heard of 95% of them. TBR is growing by the second. hahaha

message 13: by Kendra (new)

Elf~Lei -- Thank you so much for Withered + Sere (Immemorial Year, #1) by T.J. KluneWithered + Sere. I don't know how I didn't have this on my list because I LOVE TJ Klune so very much. It is my pleasure to put this together. It's always been fun. I'm glad to see that so far it can still work despite the ARe debacle. Thank you again!

Not Your Secret Santa--Thank you for Test Drive (Crossroads #3) by Riley HartTest Drive. This is one series I really want to start reading. :-)

Thank you both!!

message 14: by M'rella (last edited Jul 02, 2017 08:03PM) (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments SS struck again! Thank you for the book #2!!!! :D

The Start of Something New

The Start of Something New (Daniel and Ryan, #2) by Tamryn Eradani

message 15: by ~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (last edited Jul 02, 2017 08:23PM) (new)

~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (leilanilives2read) | 34 comments Kendra wrote: "This is awesome! Nice selections. I'm almost embarrassed to say I haven't read any of the books you received, and hadn't heard of 95% of them. TBR is growing by the second. hahaha"

Yes, this is the danger of participating in these exchanges! It's like, I've never heard of this book and why not?!

message 16: by Jane (PS) (new)

Jane (PS) | 26 comments Oooh - my friend 'Fellow Challenge Elf' sent me September September (Pride and Joy, #1) by Robert Winter!! Thank you!!! I haven't had a chance to see WHO my friend may be though ~ I shall be investigating very soon :D

Yay!

message 17: by M'rella (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments I know what else SS stands for! Sneaky Santa :)

Anyway, many thanks to my SS again :D Book three in the series is now happily snuggling with the other two in my Amazon collection!

Who I Am When I'm With You

Who I Am When I'm With You (Daniel and Ryan, #3) by Tamryn Eradani

message 18: by KellyJo (new)

KellyJo (KellyJo02) | 11 comments Thank you SS. Received Adrian, Joshua, and Caldren. Looking forward to reading these.

message 19: by M'rella (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments I've waited for so long for this! For a year and a half, to be precise.

Thank you, my SS for the prezzie #4 :D

The Beauty's Brother

The Beauty's Brother by Leon Hart

message 20: by M'rella (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments And now a prezzie #5.
I am being spoiled!

Starstruck
Starstruck (Bluewater Bay, #1) by L.A. Witt

Thank you, Santa =)

message 21: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. | 25 comments I got a surprise today Vanishing Dreams (Devils Bend, #2) by Nicole Edwards thank you July Santa

message 23: by Steph ☀️ (new)

Steph ☀️ | 10 comments I received September (Pride and Joy, #1) by Robert Winter from my July Elf today. I honestly have no idea whom they are yet, but I really appreciate the gift! Thanks so much :)

message 24: by Jane (PS) (new)

Jane (PS) | 26 comments My SS struck!! So exciting *happy dance* They sent me Warlock in Training (Studies in Demonology, #1) by T.J. Nichols. Thank you thank you thank you!!

message 25: by Kendra (new)

Everyone is getting some awesome books!

Thank you to Not Your Secret Santa for Ten in the Bin by N.R. WalkerTen in the Bin :-)
I am loving this cover!

message 26: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine (Sunshine22222) | 17 comments I received my book from my Secret Santa...

In the Middle of Somewhere (Middle of Somewhere, #1) by Roan Parrish

WOW!!!

Thanks Santa :)

message 27: by Nadine Bookaholic (last edited Jul 06, 2017 02:24PM) (new)

Nadine Bookaholic (NadinesObsessedwithBooks) | 31 comments I haven't sent my match anything yet because they haven't updated their list yet :(

I did notice two emails from Amazon saying that I have gifts I will claim them when I get home from work today, thank you secret Santa and a GR Friend!!

message 28: by Kendra (new)

Nadine Bookaholic wrote: "I haven't sent my match anything yet because they haven't updated their list yet :(

I did notice two emails from Amazon saying that I have gifts I will claim them when I get home from work today,..."

Awesome! Make sure you post them here so I can add books to my TBR get excited for you. lol

message 29: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine (Sunshine22222) | 17 comments Nadine Bookaholic wrote: "I haven't sent my match anything yet because they haven't updated their list yet :(
,..."

Well... well... well

I guess you're not my secret santa. Lol

message 30: by Laura-marie (new)

Laura-marie | 1 comments My match hasn't got a wish list on elfster either..... So I was wondering if it was okay o send a gift card as a substitute? Or is that cheating?

message 31: by Diane (new)

Diane Dannenfeldt | 24 comments Sunshine wrote: "I received my book from my Secret Santa...

In the Middle of Somewhere (Middle of Somewhere, #1) by Roan Parrish

WOW!!!

Thanks Santa :)"

Loved it!!!

message 32: by Diane (new)

Diane Dannenfeldt | 24 comments ~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ wrote: "Elf M'rella gifted Reawakening (Reawakening, #1) by Amy Rae DurresonReawakening! Thank you! Dragons!"

Can't wait for your review as I love me some dragons!!!

message 33: by M'rella (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments Laura-marie wrote: "My match hasn't got a wish list on elfster either..... So I was wondering if it was okay o send a gift card as a substitute? Or is that cheating?"

Don't send anything yet! What if they don't show up at all and never claim their gift? It had happened before :(

Also, I am thinking that maybe Kendra can weed out no-shows and make new pairs out of those of us who are orphans?

message 34: by M'rella (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments I am getting spoiled rotten. What a wonderful feeling.... ;)

Thank you, dear Santa, for your latest gift!

The Castaway Prince
The Castaway Prince by Isabelle Adler

*pssst! Cross. Dressing. !!!! =) :P

message 35: by Aղցela W. (new)

Aղցela W. | 25 comments That happened to me in the xmas s.s. my person never responded i had to cancel my orders in January.

message 36: by Kendra (new)

That stinks. :-(

I'll look at it all this weekend and send out a plan. I like what M'rella suggested. I'll see how to put it all together. Thanks for all the help and suggestions. Team work makes the dream work. Lol

message 37: by Diane (new)

Diane Dannenfeldt | 24 comments Great idea M'rella!

message 38: by M'rella (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments I do this shuffle ever so often for the monthly challenges. It's pretty much an autopilot for me. When people go awol, shuffle!

message 39: by Valerie ~Varuca~ (new)

Valerie ~Varuca~ (Varuca1) | 4 comments Just received Duke of Manhattan by Louise Bay Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland Bossman by Vi Keeland Pucked (Pucked, #1) by Helena Hunting from my SS. Thank you so much!! I love them all :)

message 40: by M'rella (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments squee!

Another book! Love this series =)

Wanderer's Heart
Wanderer's Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #7) by Thom Lane

Dear Santa!

Thank you so much for your generosity and the wonderful week of gifts. July is also my Birthday month, and that makes my little stash of new books even more exciting!

Thank you again.

PS Please, don't hesitate to send more clues my way ;) Altho "H" is laconic, for a moment I was hoping that it would lead me somewhere, but - alas! - it left me just as puzzled, scratching my head :D

message 41: by Diane (new)

Diane Dannenfeldt | 24 comments M'rella wrote: "squee!

Another book! Love this series =)

Wanderer's Heart
Wanderer's Heart (Tales of Amaranth, #7) by Thom Lane

Dear Santa!

Thank you so much for your generosity and the wonderful week of..."

LOL you're so funny

message 42: by Jane (PS) (new)

Jane (PS) | 26 comments Thank you to my fab SS!! I just received Demonica by Megan Derr ~ I love this author's stories, so can't wait to open this one up :D Yay!

message 43: by Diane (new)

Diane Dannenfeldt | 24 comments So many amazing books!

message 44: by M'rella (last edited Jul 07, 2017 06:19PM) (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments Pooo. H was not a clue. H was Hugs.

I solemnly swear that I will never, ever try to read and have GR's conversations on my phone while sitting in traffic. Much less perform such complex operations as copy and paste.

Now. Who is here most likely to send me hugs?

Still scratching....

message 45: by Kendra (new)

hahaha Love that GIF.

message 46: by Kendra (new)

Thank you to July Elf and Secret Santa for Where We Belong by Tia FieldingWhere We Belong and Connection Error (#gaymers, #3) by Annabeth AlbertConnection Error.

You were right...I do love the Connection Error cover!! :-)

message 47: by ~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (last edited Jul 07, 2017 07:56PM) (new)

~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~ (leilanilives2read) | 34 comments July is also my Birthday month, and that makes my little stash of new books even more exciting!..."

Ooh, me 2. I always said mom musta had too much Halloween cheer!

message 48: by M'rella (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments What is your Birthday month?

A quick flashmob here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 49: by M'rella (new)

M'rella (Mrella) | 101 comments @Lei

At least your parents have an excuse! lol

I am afraid to think which holiday my parents were celebrating, considering my country has its own version of Halloween in January, and that obviously doesn't work ;)

Nadine Bookaholic (NadinesObsessedwithBooks) | 31 comments I received Dirty Wicked A Wicked Lovers Novella by Shayla Black from a GR Friend not my SS

And

I received Double Blind (Special Delivery, #2) by Heidi Cullinan from my SS

Thank you both for the great books!

« previous 1 3