Drop Everything And Read discussion

Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10)
This topic is about Murder on the Orient Express
Read > Murder on the Orient Express

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hallie, I'm all about the books (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hallie (InkyHallie) | 4708 comments Mod
Thoughts?

Joanna (Joanna_JH) | 1 comments Hello! This is my first comment on any of this group's discussions. I finished the book yesterday and as soon as I put it down, I started giving it the slow clap because I was too shocked to do anything else to give it praise. Truly, didn't expect the ending and I'm not one to fall into the traps of a mystery writer. Agatha Christie is a genius and she really makes you think exactly what she wants, all the while you're thinking you're one step ahead. I really can't give it enough credit for being so good. There was nothing boring or unsatisfactory about it. The characters were well thought out, the humor light and pleasing...just great. I know I said too much, but the fact that I wasn't able to predict the ending really raised the bar for future mystery novels. So I'll take my leave after this excessively long monologue and go hide behind my bookshelf.

martin eden | 410 comments I read that book a long time ago, I was 13 years old. I loved it and I totally agree with what you said Joanna!