Laugh out Loud Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
The Older Threads > Polls Closed

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 03, 2009 04:04PM) (new)

Welcome to the beginning of another month! It is time to nominate the books you would like to read as a group in September. Please state your nominations by Sunday, August 9. I will allow two per person again and please include author or link to the book to limit confusion.

Also, would anyone like to read a series? Where we read an additional book each month from a specific series until we are finished with the series? If so, you can have one additional nomination for which series you would like to read and we will vote on the series separate. I will include no series in the voting process just to see what everyone wants.

Happy nominating!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

No nominations yet?

Well, I would like to nominate The Lightning Thief, the first book of the Percy Jackson series as my nomination for a series to read because this is the next series I plan on reading, but haven't started it yet.

message 3: by Abbie (new)

Abbie (Abbiebum) | 205 comments i just checked the Lighting Thief out from the library so i think its a good idea. I want to nominate the Wizard of Oz books.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

If we don't get more nominations for our regular nominations, we may just do 2 series. We will see how things are at the beginning of next week.

message 5: by Priscilla (last edited Aug 05, 2009 03:20PM) (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) how about tHE LORD OF THE RINGS the fellowship of the ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Good one Pris! Now we have some nominations!! :) I will still nominations open until Sunday if anyone else has a book they would like to read.

message 7: by Jo (new)

Jo I want to read Lord of the rings :)

message 8: by Jo (new)

Jo As Linda Grace mentioned how about The Host

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! I really want to read that. Thanks for nominating it Jo!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Looks like we are going to read The Host as our September book read and I am opening a poll for which series we would like to read.

message 11: by Jo (new)

Jo Great :) I voted on the poll

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! Isn't voting fun?

message 13: by Jo (new)

Jo Lol yep! :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Looks like we will be reading The Host and The Fellowship of the Ring as our group reads in September! Thank you to everyone who participated in nominations and voting.

message 15: by Jo (new)

Jo Yay i have been wanting to read Fellowship for ever!

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

:) I've read the first one, but never finished the series, so it will be nice to discuss the first book and continue the series the following month! I'm glad it won in the polls.

message 17: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 145 comments Linda Grace have you watched the movie for Fellowship? If so please tell me the book is better!

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 18, 2009 03:09PM) (new)

Shanna, I liked the book better, but I didn't love either. This is the reason why I haven't finished reading the series yet, but I don't like starting a series and not eventually finishing them.

message 19: by Jo (new)

Jo I loved the movie! I hope that the book is as good if not better

message 20: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 145 comments I agree Linda Grace, if I start a series I must finish it eventually. I am going to try and read the Fellowship with you guys who knows maybe it will surprise me.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

:) I will skim through it again next month so that I can contribute to the discussion. Seems like our discussions haven't been going places lately... :)

message 22: by Shanna (new)

Shanna | 145 comments This will be my first time reading a book with the group so hopefully the discussion with go better.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

:) I'm sure it will. Maybe we can get everyone else to join in too. I pretty sure a handful of us will be reading it this month. I'm excited about that!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.