David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1)
This topic is about Scythe
Book of the Month > July 2017 Book of the Month - Scythe

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karen | 10932 comments Mod
Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman Scythe won for July's Book of the Month!

Spoilers are welcome but please hide them with spoiler tabs for those who have not read this book.

Enjoy!!! :)

I bought the audiobook and started it tonight. It's a reread and I'm already just as enthralled as the first time I read this! Shusterman has a way of sucking you in from the very beginning.

Nancy (Paper_Addict) | 791 comments Finally!

I cannot wait to read this one.

Nancy wrote: "Finally!

I cannot wait to read this one."

I'm so excited that Scythe finally won as BotM!! You'll love it! I hope. ;) Actually, so far, I haven't heard of anyone who hasn't enjoyed this.

message 5: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10677 comments Mod
YAY!!! It's about time ;) I loved this book. It reminded me a lot of Unwind in terms of the flawed, complex characters and overarching shadow that seems to fall over everything. Such a good read!

Once again, Shusterman created a world that really makes you think. I'm doing my best to read this reread slowly, because I want to stretch it out. But it's really hard not to immerse myself back into it. I'm catching a few more things this time around, especially in the journals from the beginning of the chapters.

Nancy (Paper_Addict) | 791 comments As much as I would like to start reading this book now, I probably won't get to it until later in the month. I have over committed myself as far as reading goes.

Nancy wrote: "As much as I would like to start reading this book now, I probably won't get to it until later in the month. I have over committed myself as far as reading goes."

That's ok! I've had many months where I read the BotM several months later, but just popped on the thread when I finally finished to throw in my 2 cents. :)

Storm Arashi (StormArashi) | 1130 comments I feel extremely pleased that i already read this one so I can finally talk about it more with people. My bestie wants to read it so she's banned me from speaking spoilers.

Goodness I loved this book, like gosh that's easily one of my top 10 books. Who's everyone's favorites so far? Mine were Citra and Scythe Faraday.

message 10: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Tough call, but probably Citra too :) She's tough and smart. I like that!

message 11: by Lanie (new)

Lanie (Sherwood1192yahoocom) | 81 comments Just picked it up from the library. :) I'm going to start it as soon as I finish a couple of other books on my to read list. So excited!

Storm Arashi (StormArashi) | 1130 comments David wrote: "Tough call, but probably Citra too :) She's tough and smart. I like that!"

Citra's awesome plus she's funny as heck too.

I adore Rowan!

Sarah (geekymom13) | 26 comments I read the first 8 chapters back in January but had to take it back to the library. I'm starting up where I left off. I think I like Rowan the best so far. :)

message 15: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Lanie wrote: "Just picked it up from the library. :) I'm going to start it as soon as I finish a couple of other books on my to read list. So excited!"

YAY!!!

message 16: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Karen wrote: "I adore Rowan!"

I like that he's such a complex character. Shusterman is a master at crafting characters like him.

message 17: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - added it

Sarah wrote: "I read the first 8 chapters back in January but had to take it back to the library. I'm starting up where I left off. I think I like Rowan the best so far. :)"

Awesome, glad you get to read with us too :)

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Scythe (other topics)