Play Book Tag discussion

Literary Road Trip Across the US > Road Trip Challenge PBT instructions

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1585 comments Hi fellow PBT members!

Anita kindly allowed me to combine PBT and the blog challenge for those of you who will be participating in the reading road challenge.

What does this mean? You'll play along according to all the blog instructions (link to post below) BUT you'll also get some extra PBT participation points if you integrate the two by finding books that also fit the monthly PBT tag.

So for each book that you read for the blog challenge that also meets the July PBT monthly tag you will get a total of 5 PBT participation points instead of the usual 2.

To keep track of those points we'll use this folder. You'll still need to update your progress on the blog. To get the extra PBT points:

1) post your challenge book review in the PBT monthly tag folder as usual.

2) create a thread for yourself here to track the books you read that count for both. I'll create an example below with my personal thread.

Let me know if you have any question!

The link to the blog instructions are found here: https://thereadersroom.org/challenges...

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1585 comments And we are off! You may start reading! No travel delays or blackouts this first week. And below is what will be my one and only time ever posting a GIF :)

description

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 3169 comments I'm out for this challenge! I'm focusing on my lack of prosperity - lol. Plus I really enjoy my summer reading list, and I don't really want to tailor it. I had the idea that my prosperity challenge finish looks a lot like me in the turkey trot. Which I have run for three year steady. My son is an all-star like cross country runner, and my other son is more in the middle to middle back of the pack. I am out of usually about 4oo - 600 people, The very last runner two arrive. But I never stop running, I enjoy the journey. Race wire has already packed up by the time I come in, everyone has practically gone, but I feel like it makes a statement that I finish, even if I'm slow. This year I added an extra two minutes to my time, which isn't good, and I came in at 51 1/2 minutes. My front runner could have done it 2 1/2 times in that time. But I hope it makes a statement to my kids, it certainly does for myself. That you do things that are out of your comfort zone and out of the box, to support others. It's healthy, it's even fun. And the victory is in showing up in the first place. I have often thought of the prosperity challenge in this vein. I will clearly be last to finish, but I will finish, and I will have read seventh great books, and will have participated in a community race. So count me out for the road trip. Consider me on the poolside plan. Happy travels and happy reading everyone.

message 4: by Kimber (new)

Kimber Frantz (kimberwolf) | 245 comments This challenge looks like fun, but I'm going to be plenty busy through Labor Day with the Prosperity Challenge and my various book club obligations. Have fun reading, everyone! I look forward to following your progress across the country :)

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (TessaBookConcierge) | 2636 comments Jen ... do you think you can "pin" these instructions to the top of this thread .... or maybe you need a moderator to do that for you.

message 6: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1585 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Jen ... do you think you can "pin" these instructions to the top of this thread .... or maybe you need a moderator to do that for you."

let me try

message 7: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1585 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Jen ... do you think you can "pin" these instructions to the top of this thread .... or maybe you need a moderator to do that for you."

I can't pin it. Anita, Nicole, Cindy or Linda, can you pin this topic to the top of the folder for me?

message 8: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 3787 comments Jen wrote: "I can't pin it. Anita, Nicole, Cindy or Linda, can you pin this topic to the top of the folder for me? ..."

Done!

message 9: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1586 comments I just wanted to make sure. We should only post in our thread the books that also meet the monthly tag, and the extra points is just +3.

We don't get anything for the "other books".

message 10: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (TessaBookConcierge) | 2636 comments JoLene wrote: "I just wanted to make sure. We should only post in our thread the books that also meet the monthly tag, and the extra points is just +3.

We don't get anything for the "other books"."

I'm posting all of them ... just to keep them in order.

message 11: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1585 comments JoLene wrote: "I just wanted to make sure. We should only post in our thread the books that also meet the monthly tag, and the extra points is just +3.

We don't get anything for the "other books"."

Sorry, I some how missed your question.

So the books that don't fit the PBT will get you the 1 point as long as you review it here. It's basically considered an "other" book. And yes, any book that you read that fits the PBT monthly tag will be worth a total of 5 PBT participation points.

message 12: by Blueberry (last edited Oct 07, 2017 10:30AM) (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) Thus is done, right?

message 13: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1585 comments Yes! I’m tabulating all the scores then will announce the prizes. It’s taking me a while to double check all scores but should be announced today or tomorrow