ReadingRealm ReadAlong discussion

Everything Leads to You
This topic is about Everything Leads to You

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ish (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ish Jones | 108 comments Mod
Everything Leads to You- Nina Lacour
Since I didnt do a book for June and June was pride month. This month we are going to be reading Everything Leads to You by Nina Lacour. This is quite a popular LGBTQ+ contemporary read with the main character being a bisexual young woman. If you've already read it let me know what you think. If you don't plan on reading it tell me why. Either way I will be updating you regularly on my progress and giving you my thoughts on this book.
Happy Reading!

Imani (intellectual_reader) | 5 comments This has been on my TBR for awhile and sounds like a good summer read. Since I'm finally done with the semester I can read for fun again! Excited to here your thoughts throughout your progress :)

message 3: by Ish (new) - rated it 5 stars

Its such a great feeling to be done with school or college and know you've got all summer to read.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara (mistymtns1812) | 18 comments Unfortunately, I am taking summer classes at my university :( I won't be able to read this, but the upside is, is that for one of my classes we are reading all of Chronicles of Narnia! So that's my summer reading lol

message 5: by Maddy (new)

Maddy (Maddyoxley_) | 2 comments I've never even heard of this book before but I might pick it up if I can :)

message 6: by Ish (new) - rated it 5 stars

Currently on page 102. Really enjoying Emi and Charlottes friendship it's adorable. Even though I'm only a 1/3 of the way through the book a lot seems to have happened already.

message 7: by Ish (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm seriously loving Nina Lacours writing I'm going to have to pick up more of her books soon

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lauren-reads) | 4 comments I was able to get this book from the library yesterday so I hope to start reading it soon. 😊

message 9: by Ish (new) - rated it 5 stars

That's awesome can't wait to hear your thoughts on it

Imani (intellectual_reader) | 5 comments I also really enjoy Emi and Charlottes friendship. Reading it reminds me of what I would want in a friendship how they confide in each other. I'm really enjoying the book so far, its a nice refresher from the books I've been reading. Not sure what page im on but i know im on chapter 10 lol

message 11: by Ish (new) - rated it 5 stars

I've just reached page 208 it's such a smooth read and I agree I love their friendship and how they can just talk so openly to each other.

message 12: by Ish (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm on page 276 so close to finishing this and I'm still not sure how this is going to end. This focuses a lot less on romance and more on building friendships and relationships with people which I've really enjoyed so far.

message 13: by Ish (new) - rated it 5 stars

Just finished it and wow I'm so happy with the ending and how everything turned out. Definitely a slow burning kind of romance which I liked nothing that was super cheesy and made me cringe. Great representation. 5/5 stars

Imani (intellectual_reader) | 5 comments I'm on page 218 and had to stop reading because it's 2 am but I just wanted to keep reading. Can't wait to finish the story and see how it ends. Loving the representation as well. I always love reading about characters that I can picture looking like me which is rare to find.

message 15: by Ish (new) - rated it 5 stars

I was like that last night but I had thirty pages left so I decided to stay up and finish it. The girls in this do feel very real, I can definitely relate to them it's great.

Imani (intellectual_reader) | 5 comments I finished it last night and I really enjoyed how everything came together at the end. The way the romance was done made me enjoy the story even more for developing a friendship beforehand. The story wasn't very predictable for me even when I thought I knew what was going to happen it went a different direction which kept me interested throughout the whole story. I gave it a 4.5 out of 5 stars.

message 17: by Ish (new) - rated it 5 stars

I much preferred that there was a solid friendship built up too instead of instalove. I agree although I could guess how the story was going to end up I couldn't predict how it was going to end up that way.

Imani (intellectual_reader) | 5 comments The story ended up how i thought but like you said how it was getting there was unknown to me. I kept trying to guess along the way but I guess it took longer than I thought to get there. Trying not to be too spoilery lol