Play Book Tag discussion

The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman, #2)
This topic is about The Rosie Effect
June 2017: Other Books > The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion - 3 stars

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 2146 comments Don and Rosie are married now, and have settled happily into their routine, when Rosie unexpectedly gets pregnant. Cue the hilarity as Don tries to cope.

I struggled with this. It started out fine, but I really did not like the whole business of the Playground Incident. It felt contrived to me, as if the author made Don act out of character. It took me days to get through the middle because of that part. Once things started going aside from that, the pace picked back up and I was able to chug my way to the end. I even saw that the "incident" played a part in how the different threads were woven together into a whole in the end, but I still think it was contrived. Other than that, I enjoyed the story, but nowhere near as much as the first book. Still worth reading, though.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Joi (MissJoious) | 1808 comments I also struggled with this one. I found it way too forced. I did see that there's a planned 3rd in the Don Tillman series- unwritten so far, but planned for a 2019 release date. I'll probably continue to read despite the low rating for me on this one.

I know Amy liked it though, so if you loved the Rosie Project, there's still hope you'll like this!

message 3: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1895 comments I read several reviews of this book and decided that I didn't want to mar my enjoyment of Rosie and Don. I did however read his latest book, The Best of Adam Sharp and did not care for it. Completely different but not in a good way..

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie Amiatu | 3163 comments I have made the same decision Linda.

message 5: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 894 comments Is this the second one? I want to read The Rosie Project. I've heard such good things about it. It's too bad when sequels aren't as good.

message 6: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1895 comments Jenni Elyse wrote: "Is this the second one? I want to read The Rosie Project. I've heard such good things about it. It's too bad when sequels aren't as good."

The Rosie Project was really enjoyable and sweet. This review is for the Rosie Effect and I've decided not to read it, because I enjoyed the first book so much.