PenPal Readers discussion

Archive [Book Pool Challenges] > July Book Pool Challenge

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 557 comments Mod
If you've never played, here are the rules:

Directions:

1. When you sign up pick 3 books you want to be included in the "book pool." Message these to Zoe, this will be your sign up to compete as well!

2. You can pick any book as long as they have been released before the challenge has started.

3. Once the challenge starts you will read books from the "pool" and log your progress here.

4. At the end of the month whomever participates by reading books from the pool wins 1 "complete" towards a prize!

message 3: by Zoe (new)

We have a ton of awesome books in the pool this month! I am totally convinced there is something here for everyone!

If you're stuck on what to read next pick a book from the pool (:

Please let us know on this thread if you read any of these books this month !

message 4: by Chloë (new)

Chloë (Churoe) All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
4.5/5
Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 5: by Zoe (new)

Chloë wrote: "All The Bright Places by Jenni[b[book:Holding Up the Universe|28686840]ook:Holding Up the Universe|28686840]fer Niven
4.5/5
Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..."

I loved that book also! I am currently reading Holding Up the Universe by Niven as well!

message 6: by Mion (new)

Mion Luisa Rey (TurnerPendragon) | 247 comments Ugh, the books I want to read from this list still haven't arrived.

message 7: by Zoe (new)

ah no! which ones?

message 8: by Mion (new)

Mion Luisa Rey (TurnerPendragon) | 247 comments I've got Orbital Cloud, Carve the Mark and When Dimple Met Rishi coming.

I'm almost tempted to go and borrow something else from the library, but I think in this book pool, there are as many books I have read as the ones I haven't. Maybe I'll give one of the Hosseini books a try after I finish Tales of Moonlight and Rain.

message 9: by Zoe (new)

Mion wrote: "I've got Orbital Cloud, Carve the Mark and When Dimple Met Rishi coming.

I'm almost tempted to go and borrow something else from the library, but I think in this book pool, there are as many books..."

I love Khaled Hosseini books! I highly recommend- do you purchase books more or borrow them from the library?

message 10: by Lissette (new)

Lissette (Liss4ever) | 55 comments Reading The Handmaid's Tale :)

message 11: by Mion (new)

Mion Luisa Rey (TurnerPendragon) | 247 comments Zoe wrote: "Mion wrote: "I've got Orbital Cloud, Carve the Mark and When Dimple Met Rishi coming.

I'm almost tempted to go and borrow something else from the library, but I think in this book pool, there are ..."

I do both, but I usually only buy books that I'm completely certain about or which are impossible to get here (which is a lot of books) or which arrive in our stores like 2-4 weeks after I find myself interested in them. Books are ridiculously expensive here, so I borrow most books that I can.

message 12: by Pixye (new)

Pixye I'm reading falling kingdoms
It's so violent! But I'm only a few pages in
I've been busy reading books for the BOTM, the copycat challenge, and more... Just got to this

message 13: by Devvrat (new)

Devvrat Kumar | 4 comments I just finished "metamorphosis" by Kafka..Any philosophy fan here?

message 14: by Pixye (new)

Pixye Well i just finished falling kingdoms
It really wasn't as good as i thought it would be (I hated all the characters) but its okay