The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE - BOTM nominations > August 2017 themed BotM nominations

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 2830 comments We had a tie again this month in our poll! I put both themes into random.org and our winning theme for July is... contemporary! Please nominate a book that fits the theme here!

* Our rules for general nominations also apply to this thread.
* You can nominate one book in each thread: general nominations and themed nominations.

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 2830 comments So sorry to the graphic novel voters, who have tied and lost to the randomizer two months in a row. (I even did the best 3 out of 5 both months to be fair!) I was thinking that we could add a thread to the buddy read folder and nominate/vote for a buddy read of a graphic novel as well. I'll even set up a poll if you like. What do you think? Is anyone interested in this?

message 4: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Turcios | 386 comments I am. I actually think you could have both threads, I mean you can read a graphic novel in one sitting, so should not be a problem for those who want to participate in both. But this is just my opinion :)

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Jun 30, 2017 08:05AM) (new)

Kristie | 2830 comments I thought it would be good too. I'll start the thread in the buddy read folder for suggestions. :)

edit: Nominations for graphic novels is here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 6: by Sisa (new)

Sisa Kennick | 15 comments I nominate Nineteen Minutes.

message 7: by Bryndís (new)

Bryndís I nominate Every Day

Every Day (Every Day, #1) by David Levithan

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (TracyLemos) | 103 comments Does The Whistler by John Grisham count as contemporary since it's set in modern times? If so, I nominate it.

message 9: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 2830 comments Contemporary novels are generally realistic fiction set in the time period during which they were written and after WWII.

I think if we are to follow those guidelines, then The Whistler will fit if you'd like to nominate it.

message 10: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (TracyLemos) | 103 comments Great!

message 11: by Brendan (last edited Jul 04, 2017 11:18AM) (new)

message 13: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (Barbie15) | 11 comments I vote for Nineteen minutes

message 14: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 2830 comments Barbara wrote: "I vote for Nineteen minutes"

Hi Barbara - We aren't voting yet. We are nominating the books we'd like to read. I will start a poll in a few days for you to vote on.

message 15: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 11 comments The Book of Speculation by Erica Swyler.

message 16: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 2830 comments Catherine wrote: "The Book of Speculation by Erica Swyler."

I'm not sure if that one fits the theme of contemporary. It is listed as historical and magical realism. I am going to move it over into the general poll.

message 17: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 2830 comments I'll nominate Beartown.

message 18: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Jul 07, 2017 06:42AM) (new)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.