¡ POETRY ! discussion

Breathing Clouds
This topic is about Breathing Clouds
MY BOOK / POEM IS PUBLISHED! > A new poetry book

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Juan (new)

Juan Fernández (japefernandez) | 22 comments My new poetry book, Breathing clouds, is out. It is the first of a trilogy of poetry books that combines my earlier poems with some of my newest ones. As Spanish writer, I thought the best option was to include the poems in Spanish too, so in this book you can compare both, the Spanish and the English version of every poem.

It can be find on Kindle edition (myBook.to/breathingclouds) or Paperback edition (myBook.to/breathingcloudsPaper).Please, enjoy it and leave me now what do you think about.

Breathing Clouds

SYNOPSIS

«Poetry is the genre of ultimate and irreversible sincerity», as Benedetti warned, so it hangs over the mind and soul of the reader as a hurricane of sensations that provoke the intimate reflection and knowledge of the world, of the life, of the others, of ourselves.

This anthology of poems perfectly addresses these fundamental aspects with a selection of texts by J. A. Peña Fernández around different universal feelings and thoughts: love, anger, doubt, nostalgia, sadness or joy.

REVIEWS

4.0 of 5 stars
Beautiful
By Kim Durham

Soulful, his poetry pulls at your 💓 strings. Some of the poems you must read more than once to get the full effect. So worth it, and such a worthy read. Carmen one of my favorites. I can relate, I thought I was talking to my mother with that one.

4.0 out of 5 stars
'Narrative, creative, real courage, the courage that makes us free…’
By Rosetta Yorke

Bleak, gritty and uncompromising poetry, ‘Breathing Clouds’ is not for the faint-hearted or the rosy-spectacled romantic. There is little in the way of comfort to be found here. Most of the poems are vivid snapshot images of life as it really is and, indeed, the author himself was in a dark place – mourning the loss of a beloved grandmother – when he wrote them. This loss permeates the book, and is even reflected in the evocative cover, which commemorates her handwriting.

‘Breathing Clouds’ is divided into four thematic groups of poems: ‘Stormy’, ‘Cloudy’, ‘Clarity’ and ‘Clouds of Reality’. My favourite section is ‘Clarity’, because here the tone feels generally lighter and there is a suggestion of hope, albeit the merest hint. I enjoyed being able to compare the Spanish and English versions of each poem, which is particularly effective in the parallel text paperback edition, even though I have only a basic understanding of Spanish. I found it fascinating to observe, mainly on a visual and structural level, how the author exploits each language for maximum effect.

message 2: by Regan (new)

Regan Potts | 6 comments Just published my first poetry book this week, titled The Dove In My Window.

It's a make up of hurt, healing, and hope. My goal for this book is to help others and inspire people by writing about some of my most tragic experiences and greatest triumphs.

Available on Amazon and Xlibris online bookstore.
Thank you.

message 3: by Lee (last edited Jul 16, 2017 08:28AM) (new)

Lee (leeschultheiss) | 1 comments Juan wrote: "My new poetry book, Breathing clouds, is out."

Very good. I like learning about newly published poetry books. Thanks for posting. I'll go check it out!

Regan wrote: "Just published my first poetry book this week, titled The Dove In My Window."

Excellent. I found it at: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1543434789/... . I'll take a look!

- Lee.

message 4: by Denis (new)

Denis Crowley | 1 comments Congratulations. Looking forward to checking it out.

message 5: by Juan (new)

Juan Fernández (japefernandez) | 22 comments Lee wrote: "Juan wrote: "My new poetry book, Breathing clouds, is out."

Very good. I like learning about newly published poetry books. Thanks for posting. I'll go check it out!

Thank you Lee. Happy reading your message. Tell me what do you think about the book "Breathing Clouds" if you check it out.

Regards and great day.

Regan wrote: "Just published..."

message 6: by Juan (new)

Juan Fernández (japefernandez) | 22 comments Denis wrote: "Congratulations. Looking forward to checking it out."

Thank you. Much appreciated. Enjoy the new readings.

Regards.