YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

ARCHIVES > What is everyone reading?!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 106) (106 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by JJ (new)

JJ (thereviewlibrarian) | 2 comments Hello all,

I am new to the group but anxious to get to know you all. I am less than three weeks from having my first baby (if it is on time...for the love of God be on time) and preparing my Kindle for all those early/late hours. So I am curious...what are you all planning to read in July?

I am starting with an ARC I got from NetGalley's called The Librarian of Auschwitz.

www.thereviewlibrarian.weebly.com

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 228 comments I am planning on reading-

Illuminae
To All the Boys I've Loved Before
One of Us is Lying
Eliza and Her Monsters
I'll Meet You There
Fangirl
Eleanor & Park

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Angell (HeidiAngell) | 43 comments I just finished Winter Smith: The Secrets of France which comes out in August. (I got an advanced reader copy, or ARC.) Loved the first book in the series as well, Winter Smith: London's Burning.

I am currently reading The Great Divorce
After that, I have a huge TBR and am not sure which book will come next. So much bookish goodness, not enough reading time! lol.

Congrats on your new little one. Enjoy!

message 4: by Rowena (new)

Rowena Velasco Hello! I'm new here too

I've just finished reading
Maybe Someday - Colleen Hoover

Currently reading
Winter Marissa Meyer
The Lake house - Kate Morton
A Court of Thorns and Roses

Planning on reading
After You - Jojo Moyes
A court of mist and fury
A court of wings and ruin
Maybe Not - Colleen Hoover

message 5: by Ivy (new)

Ivy Truong | 1 comments hello to a new month of reading! i've never posted before but here is what i'm reading for this month. (also, happy Canada day!)

currently reading (i prefer to read one book at a time):
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

plan to read:
- New World: Rising by Jennifer Wilson
- The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olsen
- The Death and Life of Zebulon Finch, Vol. 1: At the Edge of Empire by Daniel Kraus
- This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab (reread)
- Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- Goodbye Days by Jeff Zenter
- We Are Okay by Nina La Cour

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber (Ambermg28) | 1 comments Currently reading: Lover At Last by J.R. Ward
Planning to read Once and for All by Sarah Dessen next

message 7: by Chloë (new)

Chloë (Churoe) I'm planning on reading
the Chronicles of Narnia (because they're short)
The Great Gatsby
Hollow City & The library of souls (from the Miss Peregrines series)

I'm currently reading
The little princess --- slowly

message 8: by Csenge (new)

Csenge (csengeart) | 5 comments Ah, congratulations :) I'm reading A Court of Thorns and Roses I heard so many good things about it, so I had to pick it up. I'm also reading the Lunar Chronicles. Im at book 4 :D It's quite an easy and fun read. I recommend.
Best of luck with your labor :)

message 9: by Terry (new)

Terry Defranco | 1 comments Just finished
It's Kind of a Funny Story
Amazing

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (Kazzerdam) Congratulations!
I'm reading scarlet by Marissa Meyer right now. I don't have a fixed TBR but it looks likely I'll pick up a court of thorns and roses by Sarah J Maas, the final empire by Brandon Sanderson and the broken eye by Brent weeks. soon.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi!
I'm currently reading Words in deep blue by Cath Crowley

Books I'm planning on reading: (mostly Dutch...)
Mel Wallis de Vries : SHOCK and VALS
Simone van der Vlucht: De Guillotine
Bye! ♥

message 12: by Lily (new)

Lily Serafina (LilySerafina) | 1 comments Currently reading: Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Next Read: Once and For All by Sarah Dessen

message 13: by Lauren (Luna) (new)

Lauren (Luna) (Lunaaabelle) | 10 comments I am currently reading Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie and The Dark (The Guardians of Time, #2) by Marianne Curley

I have three books on order ready for my summer break though :)

message 14: by Soneika (new)

Soneika Henry (NeikaRichards) | 8 comments I am curreently reading Enchantress (The Immortal Secrets of Nicholas Flamel # 6) by Michael Scott and I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) by Ally Carter

message 15: by Diana (new)

Diana Kim (dianakimreads) I reread I'll give you the Sun and It's kind of a funny story! Both amazing books! I definitely recommend them.

message 16: by Sairam (new)

Sairam | 1 comments If Tomorrow ComesHello everyone! I am very new to this group. I recently started reading book. These days I am loving the habit.
Found this group, its interesting. Guys please help me in exploring new books. At present I am reading sidney sheldon's "IF TOMORROW COMES". The book is really interesting.
Hope you people communicate.

message 17: by LAKDEV (new)

LAKDEV (TheSolitaryReader) | 17 comments Even I started reading recently.....and love the idea of books.....I started with crime novels and thrillers but now....YA!!! Currently I am reading City of lost souls by Cassandra Clare

message 18: by ..... (new)

..... | 7 comments I am currently reading PS I still love you by jenny han
I don't know what I'll read next....it all depends on my mood

message 19: by ..... (new)

..... | 7 comments If you're reading the mortal instruments then I really recommend the infernal devices if you haven't read it already....i liked it better than tmi....hope you'll like it too :)

message 20: by LAKDEV (new)

LAKDEV (TheSolitaryReader) | 17 comments Yeah......I was planning to read it but was doubtful about it.... but now....... thank you for confirming it.....

message 21: by Bettie (new)

Bettie Mac (bettiemac) | 4 comments Congrats on your little one! Hoping for a safe labor.

I am currently reading A Wrinkle in Time. Followed by A Gathering of Shadows. I'm participating in the buddy read for it once I have it. I highly recommend S Darker Shade of Magic!

message 22: by Florina (new)

Florina Woldz | 3 comments i am currently reading bloodline by Sidney Sheldon. i have read 15 pages. it's a bit boring but i hope it turns out well in the end.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently reading Serpina (Klintespind #1) by Helle Ryding Vinterkrigens ofre (Næslandet, #2) by Eva Egeskjold A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin Krystalhjertet - Historien om Mira by Josefine Ottesen The Chaos (Numbers, #2) by Rachel Ward Animal Farm by George Orwell Library of Souls (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #3) by Ransom Riggs and a couple of mangas. As you can probably guess from my huge currently reading pile, I'm really bad at finishing books...

message 24: by Terry (new)

Terry | 7 comments A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) by J.K. Rowling

message 25: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (mrswitchcraft) | 2 comments Hello! New here and I looking forward to get to know you! I'm currently reading A Court of Thorns and Roses.
I'm planning to finish the series and read A court of mist and fury and A court of wings and ruin .
I'm also planning to start reading the game of thrones books!

message 26: by Alexis (new)

Alexis Jones (Alexis9639) | 5 comments Shadow and Bone book 1

Sun Goddess Moon Witch Right now I'm reading two books:

Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) by Isaac Marion

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman

message 28: by dg (new)

dg (cryptided) | 5 comments i'm currently reading
the noble of sperath by siera maley
twenty years after by alexandre dumas

next im going to read
the six of crows by leigh bardugo
macbeth
11,000 years later which i already started but im not going to finish until im done with my other books.

message 29: by Jj (new)

Jj | 2 comments I just finished reading SunRider by Rafael Hohmann. It is such a good book! The entire time I was reading it felt like I was watching a TV series and each chapter was a new episode. The characters are bad a@$, the world is unique and it's a long book. It will keep you entertained for a long while. Here is a link to the book if you're interested. :)

SunRider: Book 1 (The SunRider Saga) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074BPCGBF/...

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie Sterritt (katlinsierra) Hello! I am new to this group and am super excited to meet new readers! (Please feel free to friend me!)

I am currently reading Kings Cage in the Red Queen series. Has anyone read this? Does it get better? I hope it does (no offense to anyone who enjoyed this)

I am planning on starting the shadowhunter series after I finish this! I am looking for a buddy who will be reading this too!

message 31: by LAKDEV (new)

LAKDEV (TheSolitaryReader) | 17 comments Hiiiiii....
I am currently reading Paper Towns by John Green.
I am planning to start The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare next.I have read The Mortal Instruments and loved it and so will be reading TID...

message 32: by Nancy85 (new)

Nancy85 (NancyMarie85) | 3094 comments I am rereading the Pretty Little Liars series

message 33: by Silke (new)

Silke Lapiere | 1 comments I'm reading:
The Maze Runner

message 34: by Abby (new)

Abby (abceptionreads) I'm currently reading Because You Love to Hate Me 13 Tales of Villainy by Ameriie, but also just started Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) by Jay Kristoff as well.

message 35: by Najwa (new)

Najwa Im currently reading 13 minutes by Sarah Pinborough

message 36: by jayne (new)

jayne (MissSweetness) | 13 comments Heartless and a Monster Calls :)

message 37: by Allison (new)

Allison | 3 comments I just finished reading Merlock

Now I need another book suggestion for my next read. I loved Merlock and Twilight.

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Blincoe | 113 comments JJ wrote: "Hello all,

I am new to the group but anxious to get to know you all. I am less than three weeks from having my first baby (if it is on time...for the love of God be on time) and preparing my Kindl..."

All the Lost Stars

message 39: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Hentzell (adventureisoutthere) | 5 comments I have decided I want to read,
Scarlet and Cress (Second and third in the Lunar chronicles)
Captive Prince
Black Beauty
And A court of Thorns and Roses.

message 40: by Aireen Franzelle (new)

Aireen Franzelle (franzreads_) | 2 comments Hi.

I am new to this group and getting back on track in reading.
Currently reading the Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.. still have a lot on my reading list.

Do follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/franzreads_/

message 41: by Keag (new)

Keag | 8 comments Hi, I'm also new to this group and goodreads and I'm currently reading The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan and Fair Weather by Richard Peck... I also have a lot to read.

message 42: by Maysam (new)

Maysam Siddig (MaysamSiddig) | 28 comments A Darker Shade of Magic

Amanda (A Brighter Shade of Hope) (abrightershadeofhope) | 1 comments Hi, I'm new here too! I'm reading Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh!

message 44: by Najwa (new)

Najwa Can any of you recommend me YA/realism fiction books?

message 45: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Emmelhainz | 23 comments Hi, I just joined this group by the way, and I am reading The Mark of Athena, and Michael Vey: Rise of the Elgen

message 46: by Keag (new)

Keag | 8 comments I just started mark of Athena today

message 47: by Josely (new)

Josely Martinez | 32 comments I am currently reading Interview with the Vampire

message 48: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Pruett (FatJackalope35) I'm Reading
1. the Holy Bible (Jeremiah)
2. Magic Zero #4 Battle For Arcanum (i'm actually not reading it, but i'll be getting it in a few days)

message 49: by Lilly (new)

Lilly | 14 comments Just picked up Far From the Tree by Robin Benway...looking forward to reading it!!

message 50: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (JazzyJMkay) | 18 comments I'm reading
Vampire Academy #3
Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4)
Warcross (starting soon)
The Thousandth Floor (starting soon)

« previous 1 3