Liv The Book Club discussion

The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
This topic is about The Glittering Court

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olivia Williford, LivTheBookNerdBookClub (new) - rated it 4 stars

Olivia Williford (LivTheBookNerd) (livthebooknerd) | 94 comments Mod
More discussion!

Julia Marie  (JulietMarie) | 18 comments Mod
*mutters incoherently*
*Throws book across room*

UGH TAMSIN

Totally called Adelaide retaking the exams and getting diamond. I'm not sure why she didn't think of that before the painting thing...

Cedric is still perplexing me. This new religious aspect just adds a whole new twist to him and makes me more intrigued than ever. I'm still waiting for the mystery of him and Mira to resolve and it's making me question even the love interest between himself and Adelaide. The latter relationship is still just as interesting as i claimed in the last post, if not even more so. It's just so genuine. They haven't kissed. No moves have been made. You can sense the confusion and the thoughts racing through both of their minds, just like one's would be when contemplating someone one is attracted to.

TAMSIN NO SHUT UP

I really love the relationship between the girls, which of course in now in shambles. But I have faith (and hope and trust and pixie dust) that they'll work it all out.

Mira... you are quite a mystery yourself aren't you?

The obvious new religious aspect brought into the book is a bit daunting. I typically stay away from books revolving around religious affairs for my own reasons, but this one just made it a centerpiece in the plot line. I'm interested in delving into it a bit more and seeing what comes from that.

~Juju

message 3: by Olivia Williford, LivTheBookNerdBookClub (new) - rated it 4 stars

Just started chapter 7... shade-yyyy

message 4: by Olivia Williford, LivTheBookNerdBookClub (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay I accidentally started chapter 10.

Tamsin is a butthole. She's so selfish and rude. I get that she's upset, but she's so consumed by her desire and mysterious need to be the best that she doesn't really think of others. She's really observant and notices Adelaide's sneakiness, but she says that she has her own reasons to be number 1...but won't explain it to Mira or Adelaide? If she's so pissy about being out of the loop, then maybe she should actually be truthful with the girls that stuck behind her all of those months...just saying!

I'm wary about any kind of relationship at this point. Whether between Mira & Cedric or between Adelaide and Cedric. There's definitely attraction between A & C, but I would like more I guess?

Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy relationships are really great, so I don't think she'd leave it underdeveloped.

I'm really interested to learn more about Mira. The second book MIDNIGHT JEWEL just came out and it's centered around Mira, so I'm excited to get into that as well.

Cedric's religion is really interesting so far. I haven't read many books that have a focus on religion like this before, so this should be interesting.

Adelaide is so shade-y sometimes. I love it. She doesn't mean to be, but sometimes she doesn't think stuff out. I totally called the diamond thing too. I wasn't surprised that she did so well. Tamsin really didn't have anything to be ashamed of in the 4th spot. She and the three girls above her got the SAME score. They probably just list them alphabetically anyway. She's basically still 2nd...with three others...she needs to chill the heck out.