Play Book Tag discussion

Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic, #2)
This topic is about Shopaholic Takes Manhattan
June 2017: Other Books > Shopaholic Takes Manhattan / Sophie Kinsella. 3.5 stars

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 4026 comments 3.5 stars

Becky paid off her debt a while back, but is having trouble keeping it down again. Though she has promised her roommate she’ll be better, it’s really hard sticking to it! Her corporate boyfriend, Luke, is wanting to expand his company to the U.S., so he and Becky plan to go to New York for a couple of weeks to work on that, while Becky does some networking to see if she can also find a job. Things start off looking good, but something goes drastically wrong while there…

I have mixed feelings about Becky. I hated all the lies! Seemingly little white lies, but they build and build and build! Of course, I also don’t like shopping, so I don’t understand how she can’t hold back better on the spending, knowing how much trouble she’s getting into (though she doesn’t seem to be able to understand that, and she certainly can’t seem to face it). At the same time, I did feel badly for her when things went wrong. Whatever my feelings about Becky’s character, I did enjoy the book for light, mild entertainment. Except… mild (view spoiler)Ewwwwww!

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (TessaBookConcierge) | 2785 comments I gave book # 1 only 2 stars and couldn't finish book # 2. The most irritatingly immature "heroine" I've ever come across.

message 3: by Joi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Joi (MissJoious) | 1797 comments My guilty pleasure author! Becky never gets better, yet I still read about her.

LibraryCin | 4026 comments I am going to continue the series.