Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Workshop No New Posts > Book Synopsis - The Bipolar Addict

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Conor (new)

Conor Bezane (conorbezane) | 1 comments Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the group and plan on contributing. For now, I'm struggling with my back-of-book synopsis. I feel like it needs something. What does everyone think? Subtract / Add?

The Bipolar Addict: Drinks, Drugs, Delirium & Why Sober Is the New Cool provides an insider’s look into the world of those suffering from a co-occurring disorder of manic depression and addiction. These true stories of survival, including the author’s own, offer insight into the oft-maligned world of mental illness, as well as a an inconspicuous, frequently overlooked facet of the human condition.

message 2: by G.G., Genre Buster Extraordinaire (new)

G.G. (GGAtcheson) | 2589 comments Mod
I am a fiction fan and never really pay attention to non-fiction/memoir so I am not your target.

That said, I like your blurb. It gets to the point. By reading this short description, I have a good idea of what I will find inside and I think that's what it's supposed to do.

message 3: by Jim (new)

Jim Potter | 6 comments It sounds interesting to me. I would delete "including the author's own." That sounds awkward to me. May you have great reviews and endless flows of cash!

message 4: by Sylvie (new)

Sylvie Heyman | 2 comments I like it a lot. Well written, concise, and descriptive.

message 5: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle Pierre (Second-chance) | 11 comments very interesting I like it

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (SammyDogs) | 982 comments Hi Conor and welcome to the group. Nice succinct synopsis. Wishing you sales and success. Hugs

message 7: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago | 941 comments Like it. Concise and with a pull.

message 8: by Angela (new)

Angela Joseph | 127 comments Very nice, Conor. As an OT who worked in behavioral health, I think your synopsis gives a good glimpse into the topic of bipolar and addiction. I just want to point out a typo in the second line "as well as a an ..." All the best with your new book and welcome to the group.

message 9: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Turski | 3 comments I, too, would omit "including the author's own." Can revise with something like, "the author draws on his own experience to provide hardwon insight, guidance and....etc.

Very interesting topic. Will def read! All the best.

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim Potter | 6 comments I like "author draws on his own experience . . ."

message 11: by Tony (new)

Tony Blenman | 49 comments Hi Conor, sounds like a brave task you're taking on. I like the succinctness of the blurb.
Here are my suggestions: "Bi-polar Addict" could be omitted; "co-occurring" replaced with 'dual'; edit "true" and "including the author's own"; replace "oft-maligned" with 'misunderstood.'
Welcome to the group, and please use the overall suggestions that you're most comfortable with.