The Jolly Postboys discussion

Meeting, chatting, spinning plates.

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 4 comments Mod
We are at slight risk of being the book club that never manages to meet, so here is where we can figure out ways of sneaking round this.

In terms of evenings at the actual, real-life Jolly Postboys, I can currently do all evenings aside from Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I know term-time evenings can get very busy indeed (especially for people who teach several evening courses & have families) but I wonder if we can figure out a Best Day for everyone?

If so, we could set up a monthly meeting on this Best Day, and people could come if it happened to work out for them that month.

My Best Days would be Monday and Thursday.

Don't worry if you can't ever do Mon or Thurs - I have a bit of flex in my schedule. Just put down your own Best Days and we'll figure out the best fit.

message 2: by Mathew (new)

Mathew | 1 comments I'm a Thursday man but meeting in central Oxford is just too costly for me (hence my reluctance). I 'could' get a bus pass and use this as a compromise or we could meet in the Fishes if people have transport.

message 3: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 4 comments Mod
Fishes works for me, and I could give people lifts.

message 4: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 4 comments Mod
Or, of course, I could give Mat a lift to the Jolly Postboys and then back to Brookes (or bus stop) if this way round would work better for the rest of the group.