2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Michelle's reading plan July 2017

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Last month worked out so well with less planned I think I'll do it again this month.

message 2: by Michelle (last edited Jul 31, 2017 02:43AM) (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Buddy and challenge reads
✔ Imitation in death -J D Robb
✔ Opulence -Angelica chase
✔ Ruthless -Lexi Blake.

Series
✔ Beautiful life Brynne Asher
Silver silence -Nalini Singh
Rub me raw -Tymber Dalton
✔ Walk between the raindrops -Tymber Dalton
Truly helpless -Joey W. Hill
✔ Royally raise -Emma Chase

rereading (cos nothing else looks good )

Standalones

Didn't plan on it
✔ jockblocked - Jen Frederick
✔ Downed - Jen fredirick
✔ Devotion - Alexa Riley ( standalone)
✔ Satisfaction - Lexi Blake
✔ Revenge - Lexi Blake
✔ At the dungeon masters hand -Jennifer Cole ✂️❌
✔️My husband the stranger - Emery Cross (standalone)
✔️Bound to submit Laura Kaye
✔️Bound to surrender- Laura Kaye
✔️ Hard to serve - Laura Kaye
✔️ Ice planet barbarian - Ruby Dixon
✔️Ice planet alien -Ruby Dixon
✔️ Barbarian lover - Ruby Dixon

Carried over and waiting
✔ Double dare you -Ruby Dixon
Broken courses - Aly Martinez
Sinner's revenge -Kim Jones
Anna Zaire boxset - twist me, capture me
Obsession -Ann Mayburn
American prince ☆

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (Ejaygirl) | 7199 comments Mod
I very much like Emma Chase and want to start that series. Love your eclectic list.

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela | 654 comments Have a great month Michelle. It looks like you have a lot of books to choose from.

message 5: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (ReadingOnTheFly) | 1349 comments That's your idea of "less planned"? Looks like quite a list to me, lol. Have a great month!

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Veronica. I kinda look over the carried over books. I know I shouldn't.ill eventually have to read them I know. But they almost feel like those books you have to be in the mood for. Hence they keep getting carried over. But anyway then I'm left with what I really want to read.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Jonetta wrote: "I very much like Emma Chase and want to start that series. Love your eclectic list."

If I'm honest I started this series because of the first ones cover. I love Scott Eastwood(Clint Eastwood's son). And the cover looked like him. Was very happy the story was not that bad. This is also the only series by this author I like. I'd tried before with Tangled and couldn't get through it. Funny how that works sometimes.

message 8: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (ReadingOnTheFly) | 1349 comments Michelle wrote: "Veronica. I kinda look over the carried over books. I know I shouldn't.ill eventually have to read them I know. But they almost feel like those books you have to be in the mood for. Hence they keep..."

I tend to be a mood reader too so I totally understand.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Beautiful Life (Carpino, #2) by Brynne Asher
This was such a great gem of a book. And I actually started this section back to front. Everything of this boom I loved. The story was sweet but still has something more to counter and balance it out. An H that is alpha and you wish would have been in your life. A h that has a journey you root for. And a crazy family that's so unique as yo be read to be believed.
All this and yet a only give is 4 stars. To me a 5 star is a book I will read over and over for years to come. And though I could read this again I think this a great first time read but would loose some sparkle with repetition. If not for that 5 stars all the way.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Opulence (The Excess, #1) by Angelica Chase
This was a freebie. It was a challenge read ( try and clear book on you TBR from before 2016 ) I honestly can't remember why I took it. Because I hate cliffhangers. I wait for the boxset or wait till all three are out. Beginning , middle and end trilogies are Not my thing.
So. If I over look all that I'm left with would I continue this series. I'm not really in a hurry to find the other two books. The plot is interesting but personally this heroine is in a bit of a crisis of where she's heading with her life and everything around her seems to needs direction or Choices.
Well written and for a novella that's saying something.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Royally Raised (Royally, #2.5) by Emma Chase
Love when the author gives a small insight into what's been happen. Though this was more in the future.

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (MsThestral) | 2568 comments Good luck with your list, Michelle!
Looks like you are off to a fantastic start :0)

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Sthanx Lauren. Hope I can keep it going for the rest of the month

message 14: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 350 comments Love your list, Michelle. Have a great month.

message 15: by Michelle (last edited Jul 03, 2017 11:50AM) (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Thank you Karen. Hope to

message 16: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (Trakka) | 1361 comments Hope you have a great month Michelle. Sometimes not having a plan is the way to go!

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura | 1069 comments I love your list, I want to start that Emma Chase series, but I am making myself finish the Tangled series first.

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Tracey learned that the hard way.

Laura. I couldn't get into tangle series. But this one wasn't so bad and I kept wanting to read the next one. Just waiting for the next one

message 19: by Amie (new)

Amie (Alm0824) | 251 comments I hope you enjoy your month, Michelle!

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Jockblocked (Gridiron, #2) by Jen Frederick
I had high hopes for this book. Loved the first one even though it had a lot against it. This however almost fell into that trap of young adult angst . One think that really bothered me in the first was the American football was the third main character. So I was so happy this takes place in the off season. I must be honest and say this didn't keep me as much as Sacked. Still enjoyable but not exiting to read I guess.

message 21: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Double Dare You (Bedlam Butchers MC, #7) by Ruby Dixon
really struggled with this book. This author I'd only read novella length books so with this longer book I was hoping for the best first of all and hoped that it now the insta- chemistry would be more detailed or just not. But I couldn't get into it. I suppose the author notes says it all. The author struggled writing it. And only finished it because of fans interest it wanting it done. Personally I feel that if the author kept putting it on the back burner and had trouble getting a cohesiveness it's going to read like it as well( Unless a good editor or beta readers can help.)
So it finished by skimming thro and going into blah world.

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Imitation in Death (In Death, #17) by J.D. Robb
My Roarke and Eve box for the month. Didn't have lots of time to read last week not that it bothered me that much. I had these two waiting for me when idid find the time. This is my third time reading this series and I still find something new everytime.

Long may ms Robb live to write about these two.

message 23: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Devotion by Alexa Riley
Just to get me back in the swing of things. A insta-love with nothing but steamy and unbelievable storyline and a couple of epilogue you get to see the HEA in action. If only real life was like that.

message 24: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Ruthless (Lawless, #1) by Lexi Blake

I really love this author. And this did not disappoint. I must admit this was more of on the romance side than anything else. Or maybe that how I read it. You know how sometimes it something else but your just rooting that they will not hurt themselves too much with the anterior motive.

message 25: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Walk Between the Raindrops (Suncoast Society, #51) by Tymber Dalton

Another series I love. This series is so long ( this is #52) that a real family has formed. So it lovely that once in a while we get the back story of a couple that's been around waiting for there's to be told.

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Satisfaction (Lawless, #2) by Lexi Blake

This author ended the precious book with a prologue for this one. So I just had to read it. I must admit to me it started off with middle child syndrome. All though the MC was actually the baby of the three bothers out to cind revenge on those responsible for their parents death. That mentalities of he was overlooked and everybody has their slot filled in the family dynamic. Some of it with good reason. But that was more than a 1/3 of the beginning. I actually liked the h more as she seemed to be this sweet but boy did she come out of her she'll and surprise me on a good way. I must say it became a little predictable towards the end of who the villain is but I suppose that's how ms Blake gets me to read the last book.

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Revenge (Lawless, #3) by Lexi Blake

This only gets 3 and half starts from me. And that because it was more invested in the love story than them trying to finish the revenge. I think I was looking for more of a balance between the two themes of this series. Mind you the second book was also more of the love story.
I loved the h and her ability to see the H for what her really was and needed. I was rooting for her. The H really had no clue too feelings etc. He really did need someone to take care of him and just stop himself from himself.
Overall as I said. I loved the love story

message 28: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments At the Dungeon Master's Hand (Le Club d'Esclavage, #1) by Jennifer Cole

Really did not like this book. This felt more like abuse than anything consensual. I stopped at 30% and just read the last page.

My honest opinion is that this was written for the smut value and not for anything close to the true lifestyle. the suthot should have made this a kinky fantasy come true of something along that line. Saying you give consent by entering the club? Nope , sorry never should be allowed. I can go on with what else bothered me, the list is long and that's just for the bits I did read.

Read this if you want kinky, smut and are able to over look the rest.

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments My Husband the Stranger by Emery Cross

New Author. And I like. Though I would have liked to have heard from the H pov.

message 30: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Bound to Submit (Blasphemy, #1) by Laura Kaye Mastering Her Senses (Blasphemy, #2) by Laura Kaye

These books was one of those free deals that I finally got around to reading. I've actually read one of this authors books before but I can't remember why I didn't continue with her. I suppose mindset was at play here.

Anyway I really loved the writing. I loved the setting and I loved the love story. I'm not sure if I liked so much more after the previous disaster of I book I read also in th bdsm world but whatever it was I now have a new author and a series to add to my collection.

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 860 comments Ice Planet Barbarians (Ice Planet Barbarians, #1) by Ruby Dixon Barbarian Alien (Ice Planet Barbarians, #2) by Ruby Dixon

I recently , or more like finally read one of this authors books and liked it so much I thought why not. And then to see she writes this alone abduction series you either like this troupe or you don't. besides I love the movie Avator and I think this is where she got her blue aliens from. Have to know where this will end up.