Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Unable to add kindle book

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by pml (new)

pml | 622 comments When attempting to add the Kindle edition of Burma: Rivers of Flavor Goodreads stated that "Asin is taken by an existing book with the title "Burma: Rivers of Flavor". Search for B00D7PDDAE in the header to view it."
Upon doing so, I was given an ebook edition listing ISBN 1579655629 (ISBN13: 9781579655624) with a page count of 250. However, there is no ASIN listed in this edition's info, nor is it labelled as a Kindle edition.

The edition I was attempting to add has ASIN: B00D7PDDAE, and 385 pages. Info here: https://www.amazon.com/Burma-Rivers-F...
Could someone please add it - or explain why this isn't possible?

Edition info:
Print Length: 385 pages
Publisher: Artisan
Publication Date: September 25, 2012
Language: English
ASIN: B00D7PDDAE

Lastly, Burma: Rivers of Flavor is the Winner of the IACP Cookbook Award for Culinary Travel (2013). Please add this information under the "Literary Awards" section.
Thank you.

message 2: by Renske (last edited Jun 29, 2017 01:22AM) (new)

Renske | 6202 comments This is a strange problem. I get the same results.
As far as I can see it is not a left-over from the old issue of Kindle editions with both an ISBN and ASIN, because with those, the ASIN was visible on the edit page. I also can't find anything in the change log that could explain something.

Maybe someone else see something, but I think this is an issue for the staff.

message 3: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 14229 comments Renske wrote: "it is not a left-over from the old issue of Kindle editions with both an ISBN and ASIN, because with those, the ASIN was visible on the edit page."

I suspect it is one of those, but since an import feed has added the isbn10 to it, the ASIN can not be retrieved by just edit and save, nor by deleting both isbn's.

message 4: by Renske (new)

Renske | 6202 comments You are right, it was indeed one of those, saving without an edit removed the ASIN, so I was able to add a new edition https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...