Eco-fiction discussion

Poll Cancelled Due to Lack of Participation

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Virginia (last edited Jul 06, 2017 09:36PM) (new)

Virginia Arthur You can also click on POLLS within this group's menu (upper right).

https://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/4...

Important!
Be careful because clicking on the book in the poll counts as a vote. All are on Group's Bookshelf. You can go there to read about the book prior to voting. Voting is set to be anonymous, fyi.

Thanks.

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert Zwilling | 65 comments It does give you the option to change your vote in the lower left corner of the voting page.

message 3: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Arthur Oh. Thanks Robert.

It's a little soon but the system I would like to set up is rotating meaning after we finish a read, another member of this group, any member, can host the next poll/selection group read so hopefully someone will take it from me and proceed in the same way, ask for suggestions up to a certain number, set up the poll, then host the read. Each person can set their own parameters, for example, I excluded science fiction for earth eco-fiction. Someone else can set it up a different way under the rubric "eco-fiction". In this way, we also hash out just what the heck that means though I am going to stick with Mary's category under Eco-fiction of Earth Eco-fiction which describes what I write and would like to see expand--eco-fiction based on accurate portrayals of earth ecology. I like it. Thanks to all. This should be fun. VA

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Lichen (PatriciaKLichen) | 16 comments Mod
Great job! Thanks for pulling this together, Virginia!

message 5: by Virginia (last edited Jul 04, 2017 02:59PM) (new)

Virginia Arthur Thank you! Maybe you can host the next round! I am looking forward to the e-discussions though prefer it would be around a campfire under the stars in some beautiful and wild place.

Oh well. It's the "modern" world.

VA

message 6: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Lichen (PatriciaKLichen) | 16 comments Mod
Aw, I'm sorry to hear we didn't get enough bites. It was a good idea that might work another time...

message 7: by Virginia (last edited Jul 16, 2017 09:16AM) (new)

Virginia Arthur Only 3 votes, none for the same book.

This group has basically just been the same people for years now, like five of us...maybe if you, the moderator had set it up, it would have gone better. I don't know. I am not the moderator and am retiring from trying to revive it.

VA